Chapter 1: The Secret Council

Aerlinniel POV

Puling on the reigns, I slow my horse down. I carefully dismount and walk through the gates of Imladris, handing over my horse to one of the Ellons.

First thing, I need to find Lord Elrond. I need to know what I'm doing here. I haven't got any sleep since that day I got the message from Lord Elrond back at the Woodland-Realm. It doesn't take me long to find him.

"Gi suilon, Lord Elrond. What did you need me here for? What is the urgent matter?" I question him.

"There will be a Secret Council held tomorrow. You will find out everything you need to know there. Go and get some rest." He tells me.

As much as I want to know what is going on. I can wait one more day. Lord Elrond leads me to the room I will be staying in.

~the next day~

I hear a knock on my door. Listening for the heartbeat, I find that it is Caunedhiel. I go over and open my door.

"Caunedhiel! What are you doing here? I have not heard from you in a while." I say, excitingly.

"I have been here for the past few months. Are you here to go to the Secret Council?" She asks me.

"Yes, I am."

"Good, I am also going, I'm glad I'm not going to be the only Elleth there. I brought you something to wear." She tells me.

"Thank you." I thank her and take the clothing from her. "I will get changed and you and I can head down. Do you know where it is being held?"

"Yes, go on and get dressed. I will wait here."

After I get changed, Caunedhiel and I head to where the Secret Council is being held. When we get there, I hear Lord Elrond's heartbeat and,

"Gandalf!" I exclaim, happily.

"My dear, Aerlinniel. I was hoping I would see you here." Gandalf tells me ask I give him a quick hug.

I take a seat next to Gandalf and Caunedhiel sits next to me. More people come into the room. Most of them I do not recognise. Then I heart one that I do recognise, Bilbo's nephew Frodo. I wonder what he is doing here, maybe Gandalf will know.

"Gandalf." I whisper his name.

"Yes, Aerlinniel?" He whispers back.

"Why is Frodo here?" I ask him.

"You will find out soon." He answers.

I am about to ask him something else when someone's heartbeat completely catches me off guard.

Legolas?!

My heart starts beating really fast at the sound of his heartbeat. He's here. He's alive. I haven't heard from him since the last time I saw him all those years ago. I had no idea if he survived or not, but here he is.

I am about to go talk to him when Lord Elrond starts talking.

"Strangers from distant lands, friends of old. You have been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor. Middle-earth stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. You will unite or you will fall. Each race is bound to this fate, this one doom." Lord Elrond stops for a moment before continuing, "Bring forth the Ring, Frodo."

The Ring? Frodo has the one ring? How did he get it? I will have to ask either him or Gandalf about it later.

"So it's true." I hear a man state. It is silent for a minute before he begins speaking again. "In a dream, I saw the Eastern sky grow dark. In the West a pale light lingered a voice was crying, your doom is near at hand. Isildur's bane is found. Isildur's bane."