~Chapter 3~ The Unloving Husband

Sitting alone downstairs, it's warm because I have the heated fire on. It works as a heater but has a fire hologram flickering like real fire would to create an effect. It's quite smart and doesn't have the horrible burning smell it would've had. It's cosy sitting here, quietly but every now and then I look to check the time on my phone or at least a text from Felix to notify me that he's arrived. With Mark gone, I can finally start my plan and believe me, no one has seen this side of me.

My phone buzzes, my heart skips a beat getting all excited as I this my legs up onto the settee to sit on them, I unlock my phone and see the notification. Unfortunately; it's from Mark. I sound like a bad husband towards him but it's more of the other way around; he's acting all weird, like he doesn't love me anymore so I'm just trying to get my side of this heard loud and clear, Felix is just a target.

Mark - 'I really do love you, I don't understand what you said earlier but I'll come home later and we can talk about it :)'.

I read his message in my head over and over. Did he not understand what I was trying to say this morning? Clearly not. I haven't told him that Felix is coming, not yet anyway. He will find out when he sees him or comes back before he says he would. All I know is that he's shopping.

When Mark and I got together, I thought we would last forever but forever is a very very long time and there is no way us humans would have a lifespan that long. It's sad to think that our time will run out soon but you'll be glad that you made the most of it. I just got to say, being with Mark half of my life has changed me but he has changed to be something else. Something I can't stand to live around and the change of personality with him, so I'm guessing I should be the one to make changes, to be with another man this Christmas.

Buzz buzz

My phone vibrates in my hands, I turn it over and press the button on the right to turn it on. There in the home screen it has the notification with a text. A text from Felix.

Felix - 'Hey Jack! I'm landing soon, should I get a taxi?'

I smile at the message, an unusual smile which is quite mennacingly creepy.

Me - 'No no, I'll pick you up. What time?'

I quickly reply back before he has to go.

Felix - '20 minutes from now.'

I quickly look at the time again to see that it has just gone 10. Mark and I had slept in again, no wonder he was up doing a quick video to fill in one of his time slots so the fans don't go crazy about the late video but it has happened a couple of times now when he had to make an unnecessary video to calm them. It bothers me, knowing he has more important things to do than get videos sorted for his adoring fans but not tell me. The secrecy is what I hate about him, couples should tell everything to eachother. I have anyway, until now.

I quickly type back an 'okay' to Felix but he doesn't reply, I wouldn't of expected him to due to the plane landing and the rush of getting out and to retrieve his suitcase.

I can't believe I'm doing this, I can't believe I've sunk this low to get revenge on him, but he has sunk lower. The secrecy, his behaviour towards me and when he calls me Sean just doesn't feel right. Maybe he's just trying to be polite by calling me by my real name? But that doesn't explain anything to why he is.

I just hope he gets what he deserves.