~Chapter 34~ The Green Beacon

Jack

"Jack! We missed you. Where have you been, buddy?" Susie, the instructor, said with a cap over her very short white dyed hair which hardly moved in the wind. Her white tank-top had dirt on and her dirty denim jeans which stop at her knees with and a black leather belt with spanners and tools on.

"Had a bit of time out." I respond sighing nervously at her as she smiles with her bride red lipstick on.

I look at all the new comers, they look a mess as though they've fell off their bikes a thousand times. A few are laughing, maybe at me. Felix steps forwards ready to get a good price.

"So, how much is it to rent?" He crosses his arms as she crosses her arms as well. One blonde eyebrow goes up on her face as she looks at him.

"Well, the price has gone up and Jack used to come here so I would lower the price but now you'll have to pay the price everyone else does." Susie explains leaning on one leg to face me.

"Oh, well Felix we could always go back in Mark's car." I suggest but he shakes his head. I sigh as he carries on.

"No, you said something about Jack being in this club?" Felix smirks and one eyebrow is raised. She smiles at him rolling her eyes.

"Yes, I did but I need to go. The riders are having a race for their ability in level two riding." She waves as she walks over to the rides

"Wait." Felix stops, she slowly turns around to us again, "can Jack join?"

"What, no!" I shout worried about being on my Green Beacon in such a long time.

"Of course, the Green Beacon is still in the shed. Nobody has used it since and it's still yours. You can have it and I'll let your friend have one if you win the race." She smiles at me, I feel happy about my old friend still being in use and that nobody else has used it since I have but just being here reminds me of do many good and bad memories.

"Bribery." I cross my arms angrily.

"Come on, Jack. You have so many skills up your sleeve. You can ride better than them numpties anyway so how about you show them what you've got!" Felix says but I still feel weary.

"Hey! Gay boy, you gonna come and race us or are you just going to chicken out?" One of the teen boys say. Of course they're younger than me. He's sitting on a red bike as the others laugh at me.

"Old man!" Another on a purple coloured bike shouts and more of them laugh louder.

My eyebrows furrow angrily as I push Felix out of my way and stomping over to the shed. The boys make chicken noises outside to tease me but I unhook my suit from the cupboard.

"Jack?" Felix asks worried from outside.

"Hey gay boy! You boyfriend is waiting." The others shout from the dirt track.

I fix my old green and black motorbike suit on, I sit down on the seat and put my feet up on the peddles, I rev up the engine as it booms inside the shed, the smoke fumes out of the exhaust. The shed door opens up. I drive out. Felix's face is shocked and happy at the same time, the instructor smiles cheering and all the teen boys are shocked and afraid. My blue eyes scowl at them and my messed up green hair is squashed as I carefully put on my helmet.