21.

The blonde woman was sitting on edge of Olly's bed, crying profusely. Her head was in her hands and she was visibly shaking.

Amelia stopped, completely startled by the woman's appearance. Who was she? What was she doing here, in Olly's room, no less.

"Um, hello?" Amelia asked as she stepped into the room carefully, closing the door behind her. "Are you okay?" she asked tentatively, standing awkwardly at the other side of the room.

The woman looked up, mascara trailing down her face. She wiped her eyes quickly, the bright pink colour on her nails distracting Amelia slightly. "Who are you?" she asked.

"I'm...I'm Amelia," she said softly, playing with the hem of her shirt. "What's wrong?"

The woman brought her knees up to her chest and pressed her forehead against them. "He hasn't called," she sobbed. "It's been months. Why hasn't he called?"

Who hadn't called? Amelia thought to herself. Olly? "Who are you talking about?"

Lifting her head from her knees, the woman continued to sob. "I thought that he loved me. What did I do wrong? Why am I here all alone? Why hasn't he come to see me? Why hasn't he called?"

"Who," Amelia said again, stepping further into the room, "Are you talking about?"

Gripping her hair, the woman sobbed harder and Amelia was at a loss at what to do next. Thankfully, the handle of the door turned and Olly stepped in. She let out a sigh of relief.

"Olly, who is this woman and why is she in your room?" Amelia asked persistently and she saw Olly frown.

"Why are you wearing his hat?" the blonde sobbed, choking from her tears. "You should give it back."

Amelia reached up and found Olly's hat on her head once more. She rolled her eyes. Why was she always wearing this stupid trilby?

"No," Olly said, stepping forward and coming to sit next to the woman on the bed. "The hat's her's. She has my hat."

Well, then, Amelia thought, that explains why I'm wearing it then. "Olly, who is she?"

"Shh," Olly said, laying an arm around the woman's shoulders. "It's okay, Shannon."

With that, Amelia's eyes snapped open. She sat up in Olly's bed quickly, feeling light headed and confused. What the hell kind of dream had that been? Why had she just dreamt of Shannon? And more importantly, why was she always wearing Olly's hats in her dreams lately?

She rolled over and glanced at the clock. It was a little after seven in the morning and if she wanted, she could always get a little bit more sleep. But what was the point, really? She'd just feel groggy afterwards and she was up now anyways. With these thoughts, she flung her legs over the side of the bed and went to make way downstairs.

The kitchen was quiet at this time of day usually, but entering the room she saw that it was already occupied. Olly was sitting at the table, dressed in a pair of old jeans and a white t-shirt; a bowl of Cornflakes and a cup of coffee on the table. He looked up when she answered.

"Hey," he said softly. "Good morning. You're up early."

She nodded. "Good morning" she said, walking over to the coffeepot and pouring her own mug. "I had the strangest dream."

As she sat down opposite him, Olly brought a spoonful of cereal to his mouth. "Wanna talk about it?"

She shook her head. "Not really. It wasn't...scary or anything. It was just plain weird," she sighed, running a hand through her knotted hair. "I think I just have a lot of thoughts floating around in my subconscious. What about you, why are you up so early?"