1. A year in the life: Karlie

-Come back to bed- Karlie mumbles still buried under the sheets.

-I can't love, I'm going to be late if...

-Please?- Karlie interrupts her.

-You know I've been late three days in a row because of you right?- the girl asks leaning to kiss Karlie's cheek.

-That's because you can't resist me- Karlie jokes dragging her to the bed.

-I would love to stay here all morning with you but I have to go or...

-I know I know- Karlie sighs- you can go I don't want to be the reason you get fired.

-Thank you- she laughs before she pecks her lips again- see you tonight.

-Sure- Karlie accepts.

-------------------

A YEAR EARLY

Karlie stands in front of the door waiting for her friend to open. It's probably the longest minutes of her life she hasn't even thought about the idea of Cara being out, she just needed to run away from her place after the fight with Taylor. Finally after what it seemed like an eternity Cara opens her front door.

-Karlie what are you...

Cara can't even finish her question before Karlie buries her head on Cara's shoulder and starts crying. Cara hugs her and comfort her for some minutes before she finally breaks the embrace to guide Karlie inside the house, letting Olivia get out of the carrier and taking off Joe's leash too.

-What is wrong Karlie?- Cara asks clearly worried about her.

-Can I stay here for some days?- Karlie asks not wanting to talk about anything yet.

-Yeah sure you know my house is yours whenever you want- Cara offers.

-Thank you- Karlie says wiping her tears and walking away.

-Hey Karlie wait- Cara says following her- what is going on?

-I don't want to talk about it- Karlie snaps.

-Karlie come on, you can talk with me! I'm worried- Cara protests just when they reach the guests room.

-Cara I need to be alone please, let me just stay here- Karlie sighs turning to face her friend- please.

-Okay- Cara accepts knowing that if Karlie doesn't want to talk she is not going to do it.

Karlie turns around and gets inside the room to be alone, she needs it, she needs time to understand what the hell just happened in her house. Taylor just broke her heart, after being living together for more than a week Taylor confessed why she was acting so weird lately and pushed karlie away, not giving her the opportunity to even try to fight for them. Meanwhile, Cara was in the living room petting Olivia and trying to figure out what was going on with her friend. She knows that Taylor is leaving LA in a couple of days and Karlie wouldn't waste any minute with her girl unless something bad has happened. Cara finally grabs her phone and dials Derek's number.

-Hey girl!- Derek says when he picks the phone.

-Hey Der I know you are working on a cover and I hate interrupting you but we have an emergency- Cara says going straight to the point.

-What is wrong?-Derek asks focusing her attention on the phone call.

-It's Karlie, she came to my place crying and she doesn't want to talk- Cara explains.

-When did that happen?- Derek asks.

-Like half an hour ago- Cara answers- but she has locked herself in my guest room and doesn't want to talk, I think it's about Taylor.