11. Nothing safe is worth the drive

When Karlie's alarm starts buzzing the next morning she wants to die. She has barely sleep a couple of hours and going to work is not exactly what she has in mind for the day. It doesn't help either the fact that Taylor has still her arms wrapped around her. She moves slowly, trying not to wake her up but it's not enough since Taylor opens her eyes the moment Karlie moves away. Karlie stares at her blue deep eyes that look really tired.

-Hey you- Taylor says, her voice really hoarsely, she can't keep her eyes open.

-Hey girl- Karlie smiles taking the time to go back to Taylor's arms for a second.

-Work right?- Taylor asks don't able to even ask a full question.

-Yeah...

-Call in sick- Taylor says snuggling even more against her body.

-I wish I could Tay- Karlie's sighs.

-Mmmmmm not fair- Taylor protests.

-Stay ok?- Karlie says brushing her head -I only have to work until lunch, I will come over to pick you.

-Sounds good- Taylor nods.

-You know that I can't go if you don't let me right?- Karlie laughs when she tries to move but Taylor doesn't loosen up her grip.

-Mmmmm- Taylor protests eyes still closed.

-Tay... come on!- Karlie laughs.

However the writer doesn't move Karlie decides to try something new and leans to kiss her. Taylor kisses her back without thinking, like an instinct she feels attracted to her lips. Once Taylor is focused moving her lips against Karlie's, the actress moves away breaking the kiss.

-That's  not fair- Taylor protests when she realizes what Karlie jus did.

-I know but I need to leave ok?- Karlie explains grabbing her clothes from the floor- sleep, I will come back.

-Whatever- Taylor says rolling her eyes and burying her head under a pillow.

Karlie goes to the bathroom to get dressed and wash her face to try to at least be enough awake to work. Once she is ready, she goes back to the bedroom only to stare at Taylor. The writer only has half of her bare body covered by the sheet and Karlie can't help it but to sit by her side one last time before leaving. She runs her fingers through her back making Taylor turns to look at her.

-I thought you were leaving- Taylor whispers resting her hand on Karlie's leg.

-I was- Karlie nods getting closer to her lips- but then I realized I didn't want to leave without a proper goodbye kiss.

-Awww I like that- Taylor smiles getting up to wrap her arms around Karlie's neck to kiss Karlie.

-Tay...- Karlie whispers between kisses- you are naked and if you keep kissing me like that I'm not going to leave.

-I don't see where the problem is- Taylor laughs pressing her body against Karlie.

-Work is the problem- Karlie admits resting her hands over Taylor's waist.

-Well since I don't want to be the reason why you get late I will let you go- Taylor says finally breaking the embrace.

-Thanks- Karlie smiles pecking her lips one last time- Ill pick you for lunch ok?

-Okay- Taylor says laying over the bed again.

Karlie finally leaves the hotel room, but only her body does it, since her heart is still laying next to Taylor. She sighs and goes back to the real world, where she has to work, deal with Toni and put on a super girl suit for most of the day. She's tired, sleepy and a little bit grumpy because she manages to do all her scenes. It's not easy and they have to repeat them a couple of times when she forget her lines. Every body on set has realized that she is distracted and out of focus but nobody complains since it's the first time they see her like that. Karlie manages to survive until lunchtime, when it's time to go back to the hotel. Taylor has spent the whole morning sleeping so by the time Karlie comes back she's recovered and ready to have a great day. The second Karlie crosses the rooms door Taylor wraps her around around her neck excited.