3. Like the first time

-Cara this can't be true- Karlie says shaking her head. 

-It is Karlie- Cara nods. 

-Why?- Karlie asks sitting on the couch suddenly feeling exhausted. 

-Why what?- Cara asks confused. 

-Why has she done this?- Karlie asks putting the book aside- it's already weird enough that she wrote a book about us and now this... it's... I don't know. 

-Maybe it's her way to apologize- Cara says sitting by her side. 

-I don't care about apologies or what she wants to say... this is not the way to do it- Karlie protests getting angry. 

-Well maybe Taylor hasn't found another way to do it-  Cara explains. 

-Why the hell are you defending Taylor so much Cara?- Karlie says suddenly realizing that since Cara arrived at her place she has done everything to protect her ex-girlfriend. 

-I am not!!- Cara lies- I'm just... I'm... nothing. 

-What are you hiding Cara?- Karlie asks, she knows Cara well enough to know that there's something going in behind her back. 

-Okay... well... it turns out that Derek saw and talked with Taylor last month- Cara finally admits. 

-WHAT?- Karlie yells getting up. 

-She did a cover for his magazine, I thought you knew about it since you always have one here- Cara says trying to hide the fact that she was perfectly aware that they were hiding that information from her friend. 

-Well yeah... I mean I saw the cover since I have a subscription and they always send me one to my house but I didn't read it Cara- Karlie explains, the moment she got the magazine a month before she put it inside a drawer not wanting to read anything that has to do with her- I couldn't read it ok? and... I thought that maybe he wasn't at the shoot or the interview. 

-You know he always works on the cover story Karlie- Cara reminds her. 

-I know... but... well I didn't want to think that he would talk with her and not tell me- Karlie sighs being honest. 

-He did the interview and they talked- Cara explains. 

-And how do you know all of this?- Karlie suddenly realizes that it should be Derek the one telling her that. 

-Because Derek and I talked about it- Cara answers knowing that Karlie is going to be really pissed about it.

-And why the hell didn't you tell me?- Karlie says crossing her arms. 

-Don't blame us, this is on you- Cara warns her. 

-Hey! Not fair, I didn't do anything for you guys hide it from me- Karlie protests. 

-Well... we've been trying to talk about Taylor with you for a year Karlie and you avoided it, every time- Cara says getting serious, she could get why Karlie is angry with them but it's not fair that she blames them. 

-Not fair- Karlie repeats. 

-You know I'm right Karlie- Cara says trying to remind calm- you buried yourself in work and spent christmas in Australia, you never talked about her or what happened, I only figured it out because Taylor's book. 

-That's... it's not... I was just busy ok?- Karlie says as an excuse. 

-You know that's just a lie, you didn't tell us why you broke up, you shut everybody out and never talked about her- Cara explains walking around the room- we tried to talk with you about her, and you always ran away, so when Derek came and told me what happened with Taylor and what they talked about we decided that we should keep it to ourselves.