CHAPTER 4: A Splatter of Viscera & A Game of Twister

"This is the second time you've called today. What do you want now?" Elucel stared straight into Wynstonne's eyes as the man in front of him held a serious expression on his face.

    "Another murder has occurred," his face contorted into a look of concern whilst he stood up from where he sat atop the rooftop's shack.

    "Again?" he asked, shaking his head in disbelief. The hologram of Wynstonne raised his hand in a way as to say he was not yet finished.

    "And that's not all—there were two murders that occurred. That of which happened in two different locations, and at two different time frames—further supporting the theory that there is only one person behind all this." Elucel jumped off the shack's roof and landed down on the cemented floor of the rooftop. He quickly manoeuvred himself upright, before rushing towards the rooftop's door. Upon opening it, he did not spare a second before running down the stairs.

    "Where are you?"

    "I'm at the crime scene—the swimming pool. Are you planning on coming?"

    The lad smirked, "I'm not planning on it—I am coming." The young detective was quick on his feet as he reached the first floor, evading the usual students that pass by, he reached his destination in no time.

    He ended the call before trudging towards Wynstonne who stood by the gate to the swimming pool. "Anyways, do give me a background of the murder that occurred here."

    Wynstonne nodded, "The victim's name is—" his sentence was cut short when a shrill voice exclaimed from behind Wynstonne.

    "Junior Ezekel! That's his name, he's one of the seven Vespa mentioned." The two turned to Aurum, red notebook in hand, sweat running down from her forehead up 'till her neck. She stuck out like a sore thumb because of the uniform she wore; black shorts, a plain white shirt with the school's emblem imprinted on her left breast, and a pair of rubber shoes to match—the standard women's Physical Education uniform of the school.

    "Elle? What on Miliria are you doing here?" With a raised brow and a hand on her hip, Aurum walked towards Elucel with a frown.

    "I'm a detective too, you know! Of course I'd be here. In fact, I got here before you did!" she countered, glaring daggers at the young lad.

    He sighed in defeat. "There's no use arguing with you, I have a case to solve." He then walked forward to the swimming pool, the water bloodied and in a shade of red. Beside the pool was a body of a man; he wore swimming trunks and a swimming cap on his head. The only problem was that his abdomen was sliced open, the intestines and stomach spilling out.

    Elucel scanned the vicinity, checking for any clues and just as he expected, the wall that separated the shower cubicles and the pool area had the oh-so-familiar words, 'Winter Hexagon'.

    Aurum nudged him from behind, the lad almost falling over the victim. A glare fixated on her as he stood back up, walking towards the wall. He noticed that there was, what seemed to be, a trail of blood from where the victim lay, to the wall.

    He walked closer to the wall, scaling it up; and as he expected, the writing was just above his forehead, just like the other vandalised 'Winter Hexagon' walls had been. He nodded before turning to Wynstonne, who stood just a few paces away from the lad.

    "Where is the other crime scene?" The elder turned to him with a small smile, "The other crime scene is at the gym. Are you sure you're done investigating here?" he questioned.

    "I've gathered all the needed information. Do make sure to send me a copy of the autopsy report." Wynstonne nodded in understanding.

    "Well then, Elle!" The said female turned to Elucel with a raised brow as she stood up from her place where she examined the victim. "We're heading to the gymnasium, now, hurry." Before Aurum could even comprehend what was happening, her feet moved on their own, following the lad.