TWENTY

*Fast Forward to Christmas, three months later*

"Merry Christmas Mary Grace!" Santana shouts pulling me into a tight embrace.

"Merry Christmas!" I say back trying to hold all the presents I'm holding.

"Aw, honey you didnt need to get us anything." Mrs. Ryan says giving me a soft smile.

"I know, but I wanted to." I say handing her the red gift wrapped box.

I then hand Savannah hers before taking of my coat and shoes.

"These are Beautiful." Savannah shrieks putting the diamond dangling earnings to her head.

"Mary Grace, we can take these. These cost too much." Mrs. Ryan  says trying to hand me back her gift.

"Oh stop. Since I got the job at the diner I've been making quite a lot." I laugh.

"It was nothing really, please open it." I say as Mr. Ryan appears.

She slowly rips the wrapping paper off to reveal a spa kit I bought from the beauty store in town.

"Oh my god, how'd you know?" She laughs pointing at the box.

"I've wanted one of these forever. Nobody's got the time nor money to get those spa treatments." She laughs.

I shrugg and hand Mr. Ryan his gift.

"Teddy, hurry up." Savannah yells putting on the earrings I bought her.

"I'm almost done wrapping." He shouts back from upstairs.

I roll my eyes as Mr. Ryan opens his little gift.

I gave him a thirty dollar gift card to Dunkin Donuts.

"And this is why we love you." He says pulling me into a bear hug.

I hear shuffling and see Teddy coming down a gigantic teddy bear with a big red bow.

My face immediately lights up, and I jump into his arms making him drop the bear.

"Well hello there." He chuckles placing his arms around me.

I pull away and kiss his nose.

"Merry Christmas!" I say.

"Merry Christmas to you too babe." He says putting me down.

I then grab the my gift for him from the little coffe table next to the door and hand it to him.

He smiles like a little boy and opens the gift.

He then looks up at me and grabs the back of my neck and pulls me into a kiss.

"Teddy Joseph Ryan! Be gentle!" His mom shouts as he kisses me.

"Oh leave them alone, but I will take credit for teaching him everything he knows." Mr. Ryan says as him and Ryan's mom leave.

Ryan finally lets me go for air.

"I'm taking that you like it?" I chuckle wiping the lipstick from his lips.

"Mary Grace I love it." He says looking down at the picture frame.

I went out and bought a two window frame, the top frame is a picture of Ryan and I on his birthday when we were five. The bottom is us on his birthday this year, in the same kind of outfit from top picture.

Then in the middle on the wood between the phrases is a metal plate that reads forever .

It's nothing special." I shrug with a smirk.

"It's everything and more." He says giving me another kiss.

"Babe stay right here I forgot part of your gift." Ryan says turning me around.

"Dont look until i tell you to!" He says, his voice fading.

After a moment, I feel Teddy's presence.

"Okay turn around." He says and I do.

And I scream.

In his hands is a the cutest puppy I have ever scene!

"Teddy!" I shout as tears falls and I take the puppy from his hands.

I then pull him into a kiss.

"What are we going to name him or her?" I say playing with the adorable little lab.

"It's a boy and you can do whatever." He says wrapping his arms around me.

"Jack." I say kissing the puppy nose who yawns.

"Jack it is," Teddy laughs.

My face then drops and i look at Teddy.

"My mom will not let me have a puppy. " I say hugging the puppy.

"Already covered, she said it's fine as long as you take care of it. Check his collar out." He says pulling a strand of My hair behind my ear.

I look at Jack's collar and see a silver necklace connected to it.

I carefully pull it, to see that there's a diamond  and a silver plate with the engraving 'Forever yours, Teddy.'

My smile returns and I hug Teddy.

"You're the best boyfriend ever." I say grinning.

"Well anything for my princess," he says looking down at me with eyes so warm and inviting I could stare at them all the time.

▫  ▫  ▫

"You can keep Jack here until you get all the stuff for him. I already bought him food and a bed but I dont really know what else to get him." Teddy says as Jack licks his face.

"Thats fine." I say taking a picture of the two.

"Can you stay tonight?" Teddy asks as I pull one of his sweatshirts over my body.

"Well I wasn't planning on leaving Lil Jack." I smirk as Jack begins to fall asleep in Teddys arms.

Ryan chuckles then scooches over to me.

We both lay back and stare up at his ceiling.

"You know, you've had the greatest comeback of all time." Teddy says and I burst out laughing.

"You're a dork." I giggle.

"True but your dork." He replies looking at me.

"All mine." I say before placing my lips on his.

🔸  🔸  🔸

And that's it guys. The final chapter of The Comeback, the end of Mary Grace's story.

I'm sorry if it didn't meet your expectations but I can say that I am very content with this ending and happy with it.

Epilogue coming next.

Xo,daaprincess