Chapter 18 - Heist

Three nights later, Wills had stationed a large portion of his crew at several spots surrounding a massive arms factory. The goal was for a small team of rebels to infiltrate the building, stock up on firearms and ammo and get out. The Crime Lords members were only there to alert Wills at the first sign of trouble and, if anyone showed up, to open fire. All was going well two hours in, as Harley, Wills, Briannon, and Ella had all got in safely and made it to the vault. The others had voted to stay behind, should any members of the court attack the house.

"Shit, what now?" Ella asked, assessing the massive steel door.

Wills swiftly attached a mine of some sort in response, then backed away. "Everyone down!"

They all scattered for cover, not that the room provided much, as the door swung open with a massive BOOM.

"Yep." Ella clumsily staggered to her feet. "That works, I guess."

The whole factory was filled with what criminals would consider gold, but Wills only wanted the focus to be on this vault. "Timing is everything," he'd said, "and we only have time to grab the important stuff."

"Holy crap, you were right." Harley patted Wills on the shoulder. "This was worth it."

Several shelves expanded along the length of the vault, making it appear smaller. However, each one was packed with heavy assault rifles, stacks of semi-automatics, armour piercing bullets, basically everything you couldn't get on the street. The four rebels quickly began filling their duffel bags with loot.

"We only have a few minutes!" Wills called out, shoving a grenade in his pocket. "Just take a couple more things and we'll go!"

"I'll take, you!" Ella snatched an AR-15 rifle. "And you! And you!"

"Would you shut up!?" Briannon snapped. "Let's get moving."

Ella glared and followed her out of the vault. Harley jumped out after them with a full bag and Wills quickly swung the door closed.

"Nice work, now let's get out of here!" Wills ordered, already running.

As the four of them wove their way through rows of tables containing unfinished guns, Harley felt a little nostalgic. It'd been far too long since he'd gone on a heist like this, and he almost wanted to stay a little longer. Then he smashed his hip into a table and changed his mind.

Wills' walkie buzzed shortly after. "Boss, we have two individuals approaching from the rooftops."

"Deal with them!" He shouted back. "We don't have much time!"

"They're taking down our men! We can't-" The voice was replaced by heavy static.

"Damn." Wills stopped and faced us. "Be prepared for a fight."

Almost immediately after exiting the building into a dark alleyway, a blast of red energy interrupted the group's path. Then a black suit of armour dropped down in front them with a bang.

"Rebels." The suit spoke, its helmet hiding a pair of bright red eyes. "I've tolerated your crap for long enough! Stand down, or your death will be painful!"

"Like hell, Callum." Briannon challenged, releasing her claws. She took a few steps forward, before another voice echoed from the rooftops.