Chapter 2

When you enter the next room of the ruins, you notice a figure standing off to the side.

You come to the conclusion that the figure isn't living.

"As a human living in the UNDERGROUND, monsters may attack you." Ms. Toriel informs you.

... Attack...

Pain?

..... Death?

It seemed as if the thought of pain gave you a little hope, if you had any.

"You will need to be prepared for this situation.
.
However, worry not!
.
The process is simple."

She begins to gesture towards the figure you noticed earlier, "When you encounter a monster, you will enter a FIGHT.
.
While you are in the FIGHT, strike up a friendly conversation."

Friendly? Flowey was friendly and his 'friendliness pellets' almost killed you.

... Almost.

You could also recall your perpetrator's voice scowling on how they "didn' wanna talk" and "don wanna hear your voice."

Still, you were trained not to oppose or ask questions. Or speak at all...

"Stall for time," she continues.

"I will come to resolve the conflict."

The only conflict at the moment, you thought, is the fact that you won't let me die. The resolution? Kill me or set me free to kill myself or have some other monster harm me.

You doubted Ms. Toriel would do either, and found it a bit odd how much you were thinking and feeling lately.

You dismiss it as your mind reacting to sudden freedoms and that it'll wear off soon.

Ms. Toriel walks over to the figure. Now closer, you can tell that it is a training dummy.

"Practice talking to the dummy, " Ms. Toriel directs, re-addressing her directions to talk during a fight.

You walked towards the dummy.

You find yourself in another white box. This time, however, at the bottom you see 4 options.

* Fight * Act * Item * Mercy

Being as though speaking is an action and you wanted to follow Ms. Toriel's instructions, you selected act.

* Dummy

You select the Dummy, being as it is the only option.

* Check
* Talk

In all honesty, you couldn't care less about the monster's health or ability to fight (or lack there of).

*Dummy stands around absentmindedly.

You selected talk.

* You talk to the DUMMY.

"You can't hurt me...... can you?" You whisper softly to the dummy. You didn't think Ms. Toriel would approve of such a sentence.

*...

* It doesn't seem much for conversation.
* TORIEL seems happy with you.
* YOU WON!
* You earned 0 EXP and 0 gold.

You exited the white box.

You knew what gold was from common knowledge, but EXP.........