Chapter Two

Chapter Two

The party was starting soon and I haven't even started getting changed. "Just great." I mumbled to myself, slapping my forehead. Why was I doing this anyway?

The answer, unfortunately, was obvious. I needed to impress my mate. Mate. Such a beautiful word for many, yet can have such a dark meaning at times. It honestly gave me a shiver.

Something was off about Darren. He was sly, unlike most Alphas and demanded respect from everyone.

That, however, was a common thing in higher status wolves. Respect. Something everyone wants and enjoys, yet not many are capable of having.

Sure, my parents always had a higher status and gained respect their own way. Me, though? I didn't get anything.

Sure, I'm the Alpha's first born, even if just seconds before. However, I was never the favourite.

Lilith was beautiful, stubborn at times, yet still beautiful. Me, meanwhile, well...I was neither. I'm average looking and let everyone else run over me.

She could fight and run light lightning. Meanwhile, I could barely punch and would be definitely dead in a horror movie with my running "skill".

"You're beautiful, Madelyn. Don't worry. Mate will love us both." My wolf, Lilak said cheerfully. I sighed and bit down on my lip, thinking about what I should wear.

In the end, I decided on a plain black dress that reached mid-thigh and was sleevless. It has quite a modest cut in the front and a comforting feel to it.

I curled the ends of my hair and grabbed a pair of black high heels. Not forgetting to add mascara and eye shadow to end it off.

Suddenly, a car horn went off, signalling Darren was here. His name alone brought shivers to me. As I grabbed the keys and my phone, I heard the car leave.

Something panged in my heart as I ran towards my window. He was gone. With Lilith....

Nevermind. I'll just walk.

Lucky me. Halfway there, it started to pour down. My hair quickly falling limp, and the make up I worked so hard on dripped down my face.

However, my determination got the better of me and I carried on walking. No matter what my gut was telling me, I kept going. Soon enough, I landed infront of his mansion.

It was close by, surprisingly. By that, I mean a good hour walk. You can now see, how ungodly I probably look. There were beer bottles everywhere on the ground, which then made me grimace. This wasn't my type of party, that much was obvious to me.

As I opened the door, I meekly looked at the other side. There were around twelve men circling around two people? Chanting something.

With slight hesitation, I walked towards the circle. My footsteps muted by the men. That's when I finally caught the scent of my mate.

My wolf purrs in delight before I finally reach the circle. Squeezing through many of the people there, the sight before me made me feel heartbroken.

There was my sister, dressed like like complete and utter slut, making out with Darren. His hands trailed down her small frame as she giggled into his mouth.

When they finally stopped, Lilith caught my stare. She looked like a deer caught in headlights.

Tears swelled up in my eyes and betrayal pierced throughout my body. Only know did I seem relevant to the crowd.

Everyone was eerily quiet and kept glancing from me to my dear sister.

My wolf was howling and whimpering, she felt the pain much worse then I did. She was breaking down slowly. Darren came back into the circle, apparently he had disappeared throughout our staring.

Lilth began walking up to me, her small hand raising up to me as if I was a wild animal. Like I was a rogue!

Darren raised an eyebrow at us, that was before I did something many never wished off.

I walked up to my dear sister. A smile lit up her face, however, her eyes had a unfamiliar dark glint to it. Meanwhile, I smiled sweetly as I kept coming closer, until arms length.

Then a murderous glint appeared in my eyes. My wolf was in pain. I was in pain. Meanwhile, this whore got whatever she wanted ever since she was young.

So I did exactly what I wanted to at this moment. I punched her. It wasn't a delicate one either. I full on punched her on her jaw, easily breaking it.

She grunted in pain. Darren stormed closer towards me, he was willing to kill right now. However, his wolf saw what he didn't.

"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!?" He screamed at me. His voice was full pc authority, sure. But my fury was much better then that.

I glare at him, my eyes burning into his large figure.
"I ASKED YOU A QUESTION BITCH!" He snarled at me. Meanwhile, his eyes kept changing, from blue to black. His wolf wanted control.

When he finally gained it, he looked down at me. By now, everyone was long gone, even Lilith ran off.

"Madelyn..." His wolf whisphered. He pulled me towards him and put his face in between my neck, trying to keep calm.

"I know my human is...a disaster, but he chose. For that, I'm sorry." He whisphered, seemingly sad. I smiled at him. A small smile, yet I still did it as he pulled away.

"It's fine..." My words wondered off as I realised I didn't know his wolf's name. "Blake." The wolf said proudly.

I giggled and smiled again. "Could I...uh...please talk to your wolf?" Blake asked, running a hand through his hair.

"Please. Let me talk to him." My wolf whimpered. I nodded solemnly, before letting my wolf take control. They began talking like they used to be friends before, but what could I expect these days?

My sister is a whore.
We have the same mate.
His mate chooses only her.

What else!? My wolf shuts down!?

Not long after, I gain control again. Blake smiled at me. "You have to leave before he gains control. He's pissed out of his mind."

I nod curtly, looking back at him one more time, I smile and wave as I begin to run back home.

Unfortunately, from there it just went so much further down hill.

"You slut! I can't believe someone like you had thought you had a chance with your own sisters MATE!? ESPECIALLY AN ALPHA. Not only that, but you hit your sister too!" Was the first thing I heard as I walked in.

I didn't understand what was going on, until I saw my parents glares shot right at me, with my sister smug in the corner.

"I, Derek Bale, alpha of the BloodHound pack, are kicking you out of this pack. You're not allowed at these premises anymore, and will be treated like a rogue in around an hour." My father said.

My heart sunk. My parents were disowning me.

Even Lilith looked shocked. Her features got pale. Her eyes looked warily at me, regret swarming her eyes.

I just looked away from her. Not showing anymore weakness, I said the only thing I needed to say. "Ok."

With that, I left everything behind me.

******************

Soon, the hour stroke. However, by then, I was long gone.

The strings attached to my heart slowly started shedding.  Everything to do with my pack is starting to disappear.

In my gut, I knew I wasn't ready for this. I was weak and would be a terrible Alpha anyway.

However, I knew I wasn't going to go down without a fight anytime soon. I will get my position back, no matter what.