Escaping and More Parker Issues

Duncan got closer, though he didn't seem to read it. "Forty two is the year I was born," said Duncan though he wasn't sure he was helping any. I was proud, thinking back to when I'd guessed his age. He was sixteen, a year younger than me. He was the youngest in our group, but none of us were older than eighteen.

"That could be it, hurry what was the month and day you were born!" Yelled Victoria, not because she was trying to be rude but because it was the biggest lead we'd had all night.

"Twelve, twenty five, forty two," Duncan replied quickly. Parker was the one putting the numbers in, when he finished the box opened.

"Christmas baby, huh?" I asked.

"You bet," he replied, but before he could make any better comeback we looked to see what the box held.

At the top of the box there was a note, before reading it we looked beneath it to see that there was indeed a shape. A circle, to be exact. The circle was completed by the color orange. "Read the note," I told Amberline quickly, because she'd been the one holding the note.

She quickly complied, the note said, "We figured you'd know this box first. The rest of the boxes are unlocked by the birthdate of a member in their team. Look around more carefully this time, for papers that match the boxes."

We quickly headed off, I searched in the books while Amberline took the second bookshelf. Parker and Victoria were looking in the various spread out files in the garage and Duncan was putting the circle in its place, using the bar we found to untwist the lock. He then took the stuff back to the table and started helping us with books.

W rapidly flipped through pages, again feeling the time sensitiveness of this all. We were finally so close to winning, that had to have meant that the others were close to finishing as well.

"Found one!" We had heard Victoria yell from outside. She was on a role. None of us went out because we'd agreed to put them on the table, once we had three combinations we would come back together. Parker was the next to find one and tensions were high. Duncan picked up the book I found the box in, and there was a combination.

"I'm so ignorant," I said with certainty, staring at the combination. It was right there, there wasn't any color associated with it because the rest of the book was black and white. The fact still remained, papers had been cut to put a box there and on the last paper that was cut was a box with nothing but a six number combination.

"At least you found the box, I couldn't say I have," Duncan replied as we walked to the table.

"We've got the last one!" Yelled Parker, noticing that Duncan was distracted momentarily and wasn't informing the rest of the group. I snapped back into reality and we started matching the other two combinations to their boxes. Unlike the one in the book, the other two were colored. We quickly opened each box and rushed all the shapes to the vent. Victoria took it upon herself to finish opening it, because she said the rest of us were too slow.

We handed her the shapes and she untwisted them rather quickly. We were taking turns crawling through the vent as quickly as possible. When we were all there a button appeared and without thought Parker slapped it. This competition showed me another side of Parker, and though he hadn't seemed particularly happy he was confident. More so than when we were doing a fighting game.

Instantly we were in our cubicles again, I actually drank my milk this time because it had helped. As soon as I finished I went to the lobby and was filled with anger because I'd thought we did so well. Every other team was standing in their respective boxes around us, although nobody seemed happy. I thought that part was weird, but maybe everyone had just waited so long for us to finish that they were bored with winning already. My teammates had the same reaction I had it seemed, but right as we were all together the people in charge said, "congratulations, D2! You have won the Escape The Room challenge."