Meeting The Family

Once the nervous chatter amongst our peers had silenced, the lady continued saying, "None of you are safe. We've observed the way you guys played in both teams and by yourself. Unfortunately, we will be sending some of you home today. If we say your name, please come stand next to me."

"I'm not going to make it..." said Parker quietly. I could tell Victoria was thinking about the solo game we'd played, and Duncan worried because of his performance in a few of the group games. He was always slow when it came to directions. He didn't do well in the racing game either. I couldn't accept any of them being eliminated.

"Merci, Ashlee, Conner, Dean." The lady started reading off of a list of names. They slowly walked off to her. I saw many of them giving hugs, I recognised one of them from the team that had told us we'd won. They'd been so kind to us, now their teammates were leaving. "Kai, Avi, Nikki, and Eve," she continued. Again the same process from before. She did this a few more times and each time I recognised people from higher on the leaderboard and worried for my own team's safety. In the last group of people Olive was listed.

Once everybody stood in shame on either side of her, she said, "There's one twist. For some of you it means a second chance." Everyone perked up and listened to her intently, especially those who'd had to stand with her. I was glad none of my teammates had been eliminated but the twist had interested me. Parker was still silent at my side, all life had seemed to pour out of him when he worried for his safety.

"Last episode we told the viewers at home there would be an elimination, but we didn't tell them who'd be eliminated. They had the chance to save five of you, but since they hadn't known who'd be leaving, that may mean that none of you are saved. Are you ready to see who they voted for?" she asked, we all muttered something along the lines of "yes" "Okay" and "sure" so she told us.

Out of the five names listed only three of them were "saved" from elimination. Dean, Nikki, and Olive. Dean and Nikki gave each other a long hug and waited for further instruction. Olive looked anywhere but to Jasper, I hoped desperately she wouldn't have to go back to them. They hadn't deserved a kind girl like her. "If I didn't say your name, your things have already been packed. Please leave the complex and your bags will be brought to you. If you're missing anything please inform the guards."

They all did as they were told though they were rather reluctant. When they were all gone the lady had apparently decided she wasn't done with us. "We understand this leaves some of you at a loss of teammates. We have re-assigned any of the teams who had lost one or more members to other groups. This means everyone will now have a total of six teammates."

We all talked at once wondering who we'd get. That hadn't lasted long when we saw that the lady wanted us to listen. She waited rather impatiently, when we were quiet enough for her to talk she continued. She read off the people and which team they were to join. Olive and Nikki were put on D3. Jasper glared at them both and I swear I could have beat him right then and there.

We were given Dean, I was momentarily worried when I remembered he was going to be eliminated. I soon forgot about that when I told myself that by thinking in such a matter I'd be like Jasper. Besides, if Dean was a crowd favorite we could use him to our advantage.

The lady finished up her reassigning and left our view. She hurried off to wherever the people in charge stayed and we were off to mingle amongst ourselves. "Um, hey," Dean said when we were all just looking him over.

"Are you any good?" asked Victoria. I gave her a glare and she said, "sorry, not that it matters. I was just wondering," she flushed an unfamiliar shade red and looked to the rest of us.

"Don't listen to her. She just needs to be the best at everything," said Duncan as he initiated one of those 'bro hugs' I so often saw people do. I really hadn't known what else to call it.