It Ain't Me

Ash and Serena have been living happily for almost 3 years now. Almost three years ago, they confessed their feelings to each other. Ash has been planning a surprise for their 3 year anniversary. He has been spending an awful amount of time away from home and often coming home very late in the night. He had been spending his days trying to get a surprise ready. The surprise was Serena's own boutique. It was a big feat though. Ash was doing all the work by himself. Visiting courts and solicitors. Buying land and getting building contracts. It was supposed to take 2-3 months.

Ash knew that Serene loved these little shops. Now that she is the Kalos Queen, Ash thought that he would spend the little money he had left on these two big occasions. Her becoming the Kalos queen and their 3 year anniversary.

Serena, on the other hand, has been misunderstanding the whole situation. Ash would often leave early in the morning and come back very late at night. He would often spend little to no time with her and whenever Serena asked him where he was going, Ash would always try to come up with an excuse.

By this time, Serena was almost 100% sure that Ash was cheating on her. He would come home late and flop into bed. They've even stopped making love for such a long time now. It was slowly killing Serena on the inside.

We join Ash as he makes his way home from the Court one day. He had been to the court in order to get the papers ready so they can legally sell all the stuff they will have in Serena's boutique in the future.

Note: They aren't married yet. They live in the same house though. Ash's mother (Delia) died 2 years ago.

No one's POV

Ash opened the door to their house and stepped inside. Upon stepping inside, he noticed that the lights in the kitchen were still on. It was already 11PM so Serena should have been asleep, or so he thought.

Once he entered the kitchen, his lips dropped into a frown and his heart cracked a little. He saw Serena sitting on the chair in the corner, silently sobbing.

Ash quickly ran over to Serena.

"Sere, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" asked Ash. Anyone one could sense the worry in Ash's voice, but not Serena. She was already suffering too much.

When Serena didn't reply, Ash tried to calm her down by rubbing her back, but to Ash's surprise, Serena viciously flailed her arms.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" she yelled.

Ash was taken aback by her sudden outburst.

"What's wrong, sweet pea?" asked Ash. He was now really worried. He loved her with all his heart and couldn't bear to see her in this situation.

"Don't "sweet pea" me you jerk!" she retorted.

Ash was now extremely hurt. Sure they had little arguments, that was normal. This, however, was getting out of hand. Serena had never cried this hard, nor had she ever yelled at Ash with such a cold tone to her voice. It was scaring Ash a little.

"Serena, please tell me whats wrong? I love you, and I can't stand seeing you in this state." asked Ash. He, too, was close to tears at this point.

"Love me? LOVE ME? ASH KETCHUM, DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT LOVE IS?" asked Serena. Her tearful Cerulean orbs staring into Ash's Auburn ones. Her eyes that once held all of Ash's joy and happiness now only reflected hate and sorrow.

Ash was still confused as to what was happening. He didn't feel like he had done anything wrong.

"Serena ple-" Ash started but was immediately cut off by Serena.

"Get out of my sight. You don't love me. You never spend time with me. You're going around leaving me all alone for days on end; sleeping with other girls for all I care now, and you have the guts to come home to me and say that you "love" me?" asked Serena with lethal amount of venom in her voice.

Ash was left speechless. 'Sleeping with other girls?'. He didn't know what to say. He didn't know where Serena got that idea from, but what he did know was that she was completely misunderstood. He had remained silent while thinking about what Serena had just said, however, Serena took this as more confirmation that he was cheating. She thought he was silent because he got caught. She sobbed even harder.

"I hate you Ash Ketchum. I wish I had never met you!" said Serena, glaring at Ash. She didn't mean it. Ash made her the happiest girl in the world, however, she was too caught up in the moment. Too distraught and too upset to think straight.

Those words hurt Ash a lot. Tears were now streaming down Ash's face.

"You don't mean that, do you?" croaked Ash. His voice was breaking. He was trying to keep his composure.

"I'm leaving... " was all Serena said as she got up, picked up her suitcase that was behind the kitchen door and left.

Ash was now sobbing too. His only source of happiness had left him.

"Please... don't leave me too..." was all Ash could say, but it was too late. Serena had already exited the house was slammed the door shut.

He knew what Serena had said was completely untrue. He knew that there was a massive misunderstanding, however, Ash felt like he was at fault too. He knew he shouldn't have left Serena all alone like that. He had been leaving her from 9 in the morning to 11 in the evening for the past 2 months now. Ash felt stupid. He hadn't looked at things from Serena's point of view.

Ash took a small key and a piece of paper out of his pocket. The key was to their new boutique that was supposed to give to Serena tomorrow, and the paper was the court's approval on the opening of the boutique...

And that's it for the first part.

I came up with this story while I was planning the storyline for my 'Don't give up... Until the end'.

These chapters are a lot shorter than my usual stories.

This used to be a part of my One-shots... but it was supposed to have sequels so that doesn't really make it a one shot anymore... so I decided to go it it's own story!

Thanks for reading guys.

I hope you enjoyed it.

I'll see you in the next part.