Epilogue

Calem was sentenced to 1 years in prison and 2 years of rehab after that. The news came as a huge relief to both Ash and Serena.

A year after the incident, Serena lost her crown as the Kalos Queen to a younger challenger. Serena took the defeat with grace. She was getting tired of all the attention she was getting. It also meant that now, she could spend more time with Ash.

Ash decided not to challenge the Kalos League that year as he wanted to train his Pokemon so that they could reach new heights of strength. The whole year, Ash spent time training with his Pokemon.

As soon as the year passed and both Ash and Serena were free, Ash knew what he wanted to do. The offer had always been there for him. He just needed to accept it at the right time.

Soon, Ash had a conversation with Serena about the offer and both of them came to an agreement. After the conversation, Ash called Brandon and took up his offer.

Ash heard that Brandon was retiring as the Pyramid King and needed a suitable replacement and Ash was the runaway favourite to replace him... and that's just what he did. However, he didn't want to live in a flying pyramid. Ash instead wanted to live in the small village that is Pallet Town.

Soon, Ash and Serena returned to Kanto together. Ash was given his own Battle Facility by Scott. It was called the Battle Village and Ash became the seventh and final Frontier Brain of Kanto as the Village Master.

The money earned by Ash's new occupation was enough to support him and Serena financially. After just 6 months as the Village Master, Ash earned enough to get himself a house in Pallet.

Serena decided to turn her boutique into a chain. She had a store in every region... including Kanto. They decided to build the Kanto store in Pallet Town. Serena was not as Popular in Kanto as she was in Kalos, but that's how she preferred it. She wanted a quite and peaceful life and that's exactly what she got.

The two enjoyed life together, however, both of them wanted to take their relationship to the next level.

Just over 3 years after they returned to Pallet, Ash decided it was time. Ash decided to take Serena to the tree that they first met and underneath the tree, he popped the question. Serena was overcome with sheer joy and accepted the proposal with no hesitation. It was, unquestionably, the happiest day of both Ash and Serena's lives so far.

Not much later, the two decided to tie the knot. They didn't want anything extravagant or over the top. Both sides had family and close friends who attended. Grace couldn't stop crying as her daughter was finally getting married. It only reminded Ash of his own mom as he thought about how she would have reacted. Among the people who were invited was Calem.

Calem, however, had changed into a better person. He had found a partner for himself, in Shauna. Shauna, too, was a childhood friend of Serena. Turns out Shauna has had a crush on Calem since they where mere kids.

That night, neither Ash, nor Serena held back. They both wanted to express the love they had for each other and wanted a physical symbol of their undying affection towards each other... and 9 months later, it happened.

Serena gave birth to a beautiful little girl. She had her father's eyes but had her mother's hair. The decided to name her Lara. Lara Ketchum. They never had a second child.

10 years later, Lara set out on her own journey to discover her own goals and dreams. Just like her father, however, she was late on her first day. Drake, the son of Gary and Misty Oak, decided to follow his parents' footsteps and decided on a water type starter. He had chosen Squirtle, however, he never stopped pestering Lara. Drake and Lara had a rivalry similar to the one their fathers had when they were younger.