Happier

(AN: Listening to the song after the chapter will probably have a larger impact since you'll understand how/what Ash and Serena are feeling in this chapter.)

It has been 3 months since Ash and Serena's break up. Serena met up with her childhood friend, Calem. Calem asked her to be his girlfriend and Serena accepted as she wanted to heal her aching heart. She regretted what she had said to Ash. However, she thought that it was too late and Ash was too angry at her.

Ash, too, was in a similar situation with Misty. Ash was extremely hurt after the incident with Serena and Misty was there for him to help him through the situation. Eventually, Misty confessed to him and he accepted... even though he still loved Serena.

Serena, being the Kalos Queen, was invited to a special even in Sinnoh by none other than Sinnoh's Top Coordinator, Dawn Berlitz. Ash too was invited as he was a past travelling companion of Dawn's. Both of them, along with some other people, were guests of honour. There was supposed to be a formal Dance Party and everybody had to bring a date.

We join Ash and Misty as they enter the building.

With Ash

As Ash entered the building with Misty hugging his arm, he took in his surroundings. The walls were circular and the ceiling was very high. There was a beautiful chandelier hanging from the middle of the ceiling. Currently, there were only about 30 people in the massive room.

Ash started looking around until his eyes spotted someone he never thought he would see again. He froze and broke a cold sweat as he noticed the Honey-blonde that he once had very strong feelings for... and still does. She was standing there with the most beautiful, body-hugging dress he had ever seen. She looked even more beautiful than Ash remembered. As he was staring at her, someone else walked up to her. He was about the same height as Ash. Ash couldn't see his face properly but thought he recognised it from somewhere. Ash was staring in deep thought until Serena and the person started talking to each other... and laughing with each other... and what happened next shattered Ash's already broken heart. He kissed her. They kissed passionately... and everybody saw. Everybody's attention was on the two and Ash didn't know why... that was until the person turned around just enough for Ash to see his face.

It was none other than Calem Xavier. The current Champion of Kalos.

Ash now felt completely demoralised. The dance had started and Ash started dancing with Misty. He enjoyed Misty's company. Misty went to the restroom for a while. He was grateful to her. She was there for him when he needed someone to be there for him... but he couldn't help but keep stealing glances at Serena. She was laughing and smiling and seemed genuinely happy with Calem.

'Why wouldn't she be happy with him? She is the Kalos Queen and he is the Kalos champion. They are literally treated as royalty in Kalos. I am nothing compared to them. She would never consider a life with a loser like me. I can't even win a league... let alone become a Champion. Calem Xavier... she used to talk a lot about him. He was her childhood friend... I guess I just wasn't special enough for her.' Ash thought. It hurt him deeply knowing that he was unable to keep her happy... he was happy for her though. Now she seemed happy and that's all Ash could ever ask for.

Ash smiled at the thought and turned around to face misty who was now back. They continued dancing together.

With Serena

As Serena was dancing with Calem, Calem got a phone call. It was from the previous champion, Diantha. He excused himself as he walked out of the hall to receive the call. Serena was looking around until her eyes stopped on a certain Raven-haired boy. She held her breath as she gazed at the boy, who at one point, was keeping her as happy as she had ever been. No one had been able to keep her as happy as him... and she knew it was wrong to jump to conclusions. She knew she made a mistake, and now, she was suffering the consequences. Next to Ash stood the world renowned Misty Waterflower. The former gym leader of the Cerulean Gym and now, a Kanto Elite 4 and one of the four Cerulean Sisters.

To Serena, Ash seemed happy. He was staring into her eyes while smiling at her... almost as if he was completely and utterly in love with her. Serena knew that she still had feelings for him. Ash had been the reason for her success. He was there to pick her up when she was down and always help her through thick and thin. She felt guilty for thinking of Ash in that way. She knew Ash better than anybody else and she knew Ash would never cheat on anyone. He was a good person... but her insecurities got the best of her. Now, she looked at Ash and Misty a broken heart and a broken smile.

'I guess he found the one he deserves. She is keeping him happy and that's what he deserves. Ash Ketchum, a world famous hero who stops evil organisations in every region he visits. Humble, hard working and down to earth. The sweetest boy I have ever come across... and I let him slip away. All I am is a performer. The Kalos Queen is nothing but a stupid title I got for messing around. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy with my Pokemon and my title... but it is nothing compared to what Ash does. Then there is THE Misty Waterflower right next to him. An amazing trainer and an amazing human being. Ash used to tell me an awful lot about her. Apparently she was the one Ash started his journey with. I guess I just wasn't good enough...' Serena thought.

The two, no matter how badly they wanted each other back, they just couldn't. Too much damage had already been done and too much has happened since that fateful incident 3 months ago.

Two hearts, yearning for the warmth of each other... but the situation was too bleak. Everything seems almost irreversible now. The only thing going through Ash's and Serena's head right now was 'I guess this is how it is supposed to be...'

And that's the second part.

This was something for the Pokeshippers and the Kalosshippers out there. This is an Amour book though.

This is will be a very short story. I would have made a one-shot... but the tikeskips are too large... so I made it into a short.

Thanks for reading.

I hope you guys enjoyed this!

See you in the next part!