Chapter 19: A Fireteam Un-United

"Well I think that's the last of it." Indigo claps her hands. I take a heavy breather by how much stuff Indigo has. I let myself drop to the ground. "Next time you ask for help, don't. Ask. Me..." I complain. She gives me a hand up. "Oh my dear, Crimson, you're lucky you're not best friends with a true Warlock." She joked.
"Oh yeah?" I said. "Why?"
"Because, I would've had twice the amount of books."
"Like I said, don't ask me for help... EVER." I warned.
"Well, like I said, it's the last of it. Ready for that nap?" She asked grabbing her pillow. "Yes please!" I begged. We laid down and fell right asleep.

+ + +

As I dream, I recall that quote the Stranger said. You're interesting, Not entirely Interesting, but you have promise. I know that phrase somewhere... When I woke up, I sit up drowsy but rested and better. I look around for Indigo. She's not in the room. I walk out the room to find her and the second I open it I got startled. Carolina was sitting on the living room couch, I forgot she lives here now. She stares at me as I was already staring at her. She had a different look. Not the usual, but like she didn't have anything against me. Her body is wrapped with bandages and face with a stitch.
"You know if you weren't such a damn jerk, none of that would've happened," I say in a low voice.
"Don't tell me what's good for myself," she growls without looking at me. I walk into her vision.
"You better listen! We are a team now. You are gonna have to deal with whatever I do or I say!" I raise my voice.
"If you have a problem, consult that with Shaxx!" She turns the other way.
"Maybe I will," she mumbles.
"Or maybe I just won't listen to you."
I fist my hands aggressively.
"Why do you have to be so ignorant!?" I shout.
"Why do you have to be so annoying!?" She replies. A door slams upstairs.
"Enough!" We both look up. It's Indigo.
"I cannot take your damn arguing and yelling!" She says, gripping her book tightly. She's never been this pissed before...

She walks down the stairs and plants her book on the nearby table lamp roughly and stand between us. "I need both of you to make up and get over whatever the bloody hell you guys have against each other!"
"But sh-" I try to reply, but her voice overtops mine.
"Shut it!" She demands with her eyes gazing at me. My face frowns. Suddenly I was more careful about my words. And now I feel like we've provoked her temper.

"And you!" She looks at Carolina. "I don't know why you hate her so much, but you need that hate to go away!"
Carolina tries to stand with strength, but her injury causes her to stand in slight pain.
"Who do you think you are!?" Carolina replies. At this moment I never realized how far you can push Indigo, but I think she goes far beyond than what I'm witnessing.

Somehow, Indigo uses her Void magic and pulls Carolina up two feet above ground, into the wall and holds her there without touching her. Carolina struggles to move.
"I swear I will twist your wrist twice as much as Crimson did!" She threatens. Then she let her go, causing her to drop. Indigo's arms drop slowly and her head faces down.
"Crim." She says in a low voice. I was too in shock to answer.
"Just stop acting like a child, and just don't let this happen again."