Chapter 29: Exclusion Zone

3 Days After The Wolf Hunt Event

This new move, I'll save it for special occasions.
Now that the Wolf Hunt is over, Nolan and I used the coordinates from the Reef to Mars. We land and felt the sensation of heat and war.

"Mars is... Very hot," I said upon stepping foot. "What season is it?"
"It's Summer," said Nolan.
"Wonder if they have a beach here," I wondered.
"No but the Cabal a beachhead," he said.
I sigh. "Fine."

I walk across the sands and reach the backdoor of a base of some sort.
"Nolan, open the door," I said, preparing to breach in.
"Here's what I have on the Cabal; 800 pounds, highly militarized, and they destroy planets and moons just for getting in their way," he listed. "Just so you know what we're dealing with."
I lean firmly against the wall until the door opens. When it opens, I run in with the Last Word silently.
"Scanning for something linked to their database," he said.
Right as I enter another room, he tells me that it's here, at a local Cabal computer. I walk over to the Cabal database and let him access it.
"Access key?" He asks himself. "I don't need an access key, DOS is more complicated."
Suddenly the Cabal alarm went off.
"Uh oh," he says, teleporting inside my thoughts.
"What did you do?" I asked.
"I think I have initiated a failsafe."
"Damn you," I grunt.
The front doors open with an army of beasty soldiers, ready to destroy my Light.
I take cover and prepare myself with a scout rifle. I opened fire, blazing out shots and slaying all of the soldiers. One had a shield and swung it at me. I rolled underneath him and kicked his back, staggering him. Then I took a stab at his neck (I think) with my knife. Another Cabal soldier had some sort of jet pack and leaped towards me. He looked a bit different than the other ones. He had solar shields and had some sort of fast firing grenade launcher. He smacked my head to the side, causing me to spin around, and punched me off my feet, forcing my body flying in the air. I tumbled and rolled on the sandy ground, grunting heavily.
"You okay, Crim?" Said Nolan.
I crouch on my knee. "I'm fine! I got this," I snapped. I use a portion of my Light and pose a pre-pouncing position. I use my Light for Golden Gun and agility. The Cabal soldier that knocked me off my balance was a Centurion.
I charged at it as it shot its grenades at me. Every time it shot a grenade, I blink from one side of the wall to another. Once he was in my reach, I performed my signature move and burned him down.
"Your sparrow is accessible now," Nolan said. "We're linked."
I summoned my sparrow. "Where to?" I asked.
"Well we need to know everything the Cabal knows about the Black Garden. Let's head to one of their outposts so we can find out who there has an Access Key," he said.
"And can we not breach anymore failsafes?" I said.
"Look, I didn't know they were that protective about orbital communications. Let's just get this over with," he complained.
I roll my eyes and drive across wide trenches of sands until we find an open area of war between the Vex and Cabal. on the left there's Vex making a push to invade, and on the right there's a Cabal base, defending from the Vex.
"You want to get in the middle of this? That's your call," Nolan commented.
I ignored him and drove right in the verge of their battle...unharmed.

The next area was called, "Giants' Pass." We're here to gain an access key so we can steal what the Cabal know about the Black Garden. Now, they best way to ambush this outpost is to make the most attention and explosions. Unfortunately, I don't have big explosives and quite frankly, it's kinda hard to make attention when you're twice as small as these guys, especially when you're four-foot ten for a fifteen year old. I'm short, I get it.

So, I re-rigged my sparrow with overdrive. I also attached a bunch of tripmine grenades on it. I put my sparrow into overdrive as I get close to the outpost and right as the sparrow starts to break apart, I stand on the front to guide its balance. Then I backflip off from it and land on my feet. I watch the sparrow's fiery red boost trail into the cluster of Cabal and see it explode with the many, many tripmines attached to it. It killed everyone in the outpost.
"Okay, I was going to say to find out who's in charge, but I bet you killed him already," said Nolan.
"Greetings to foreign beings were never my specialty," I replied.
"Just search the bodies and find the access key."
I nod my head and search them all. Eventually I found it. Now that I have it, now we can see what the Cabal knows. I drove to the Valley of the Kings, where the database was, and found a Vex portal, somewhat buried in the sand.
"That's the portal to the Black Garden. We can't get in without a charged Gatelord's eye."
"Well, let's get that database, charge the eye, and enter the portal," I said.
"I don't think it'll be that easy," he replied.

When we accessed the database, Nolan found some things interesting that I didn't care about. The only thing that I heard was that we needed to charge the eye to get into the Black Garden.
"Ha! I told you! And you said it wasn't gonna be easy," I said, smirking.
"I get it! But still, we didn't know, until now, how to charge the eye. Deep in their warbase, the Cabal has a Vex spire that we can use to charge the eye. But it's 'Deep' inside their base, so I hope you're ready for war."