ii • birth

• •• •

••

"Where are you going?" A blonde viking cried, wide-eyed as she watched her friend get carried away by an ecstatic Gronckle.

"I have no idea!" Hiccup clamored, gripping tightly at the dragon's snout. As the two flew away, a chubby boy ran in front of the building from which the mess had occurred.

"Meatlug! What about presents!"

Since Meatlug had been held against her will when it was dire that she get to the island, the slowest dragon in the world suddenly became the fastest. Her tongue swayed in the wind, slapping Hiccup every few seconds.

Meatlug arrived at the island in record breaking time, immediately running off after the viking dismounted her.

Hiccup was left dumbstruck, his eyes traveling over the sight of all of the aerodynamic creatures. Exhilarated, the boy started running up to the first dragon he saw.

"Stormfly?"

Only a few seconds later, Hiccup was calling after a Monstrous Nightmare named Hookfang. Hiccup couldn't seem to sit still, sliding down a small, crumbling hill down to another Gronckle. He stumbled slightly as his prosthetic leg got caught on a rock, but quickly balanced himself.

Hiccup looked on curiously as he watched the mother nudge three brown eggs into a pool of water, steam bellowing into the air above.

A muffled boom made the ground shake, but it didn't seem to faze any of the dragons. Hiccup's eyebrows rose as he watched three baby Gronckles climb out of the pool, with their mother's assistance.

The teen looked on with a smile, before his eyes caught sight of an egg by its lonesome, wedged between two pools.

"Looks like you forgot one," Hiccup enlightened, advancing towards the bloated egg. The mother yelped and scurried away, her offspring following her.

The viking's eyebrows rose in perplexity, before he heard the egg start sizzling. Time seemed to become laggard as Hiccup watched the egg crack, an orange fiery light appearing.

A strong force tackled Hiccup before the egg could explode, both the figures being thrown roughly to the ground as the egg detonated.

Hiccup looked up at his hero, surprised to find a girl his age, still hovering over him. The color of her hair was a dull orange, almost the same as the leaves in Autumn. The curliness of her locks were a rare occasion on Berk, making her look like a ferocious lion. Her hair fell past the dark skin of her face, stopping abruptly under her jaw.