• TEN •

Alden

As soon as I open the doors, the twins, rushed directly to the family room and chose a book to read. They both sat on the big pillows on the floor.

I stood by the dining table, trying to see what they are doing, observing them.  Maine walked up beside me and I automatically draped my arms on her shoulder, pulling her against me and kissed the top of her head.

I love how she feels.  She's so warm and I feel happy. 

We looked at the twins and remained quiet.

"Katie," Enzo whispered.

"Hmm?" Katie murmured.

"I think Mister Wichard is our daddy." He tells his sister, still whispering.

"I think too." Katie replied, softly giggling.

Oh God!  My kids are so adorable, and smart too.  They already know that I am their daddy.  They can feel it, like how I felt, the first time I saw them. 

They are just so adorable, I already love them.  I just met them, but I know that I cannot live my life without them, without Maine.

"I am going to tell them now, I need to." I whispered to Maine.

She smiled and nodded, telling me it's alright.

How am I even going to tell this adorable three-year olds that I am their father?  I don't know how to break it to them.

I walk to where they were both reading and sat in the middle. Katie gazed at me and smiled.

"Mister Wichard, do you like to wead?" She asked.

"I do. I love to read." I replied, looking over her shoulder and checking what she's reading.

"Mister Wichard, do you wive here?" Enzo asked.

"No Enzo, I live in the Philippines. It is another country. Do you know what a country is?" I asked.

"No." He answered.

"Well, is it okay if I tell it you some other time what a country is? I wanted to talk to you and Katie first, is that okay?"

"Is Phiyippines far?"

"Yes, Enzo. Philippines is far. You need to ride an airplane to go there."

"Okay." He replied, lowering his head down.

"Katie, Enzo, come here. I want to tell you something." They both got up and I patted each of my leg, so they can sit there.

Maine joined us, but she sat on the couch.

"Enzo, Katie, I will try my best to tell you something important, and I hope that you will understand. Okay?"

"Okay." Katie replied.

Katie leaned her head against my shoulders, and I felt this overwhelming sensation wash over me.

Oh, I hope I will not cry.

"Mister Wichard are you our daddy?" Enzo blurted out again.