• TWENTY FIVE •

Alden

I get off the van and immediately the sound of the screaming fans greeted me.  Today is my first day back at work after being away for almost a month.  I am not going to lie but I kinda miss this,  but I miss the three people I left at home, more. 

Enzo and Katie were still eating their breakfast when I left, while Maine was busy talking to the architects.  I was back at work two days earlier than scheduled since the noontime show I am hosting is short of people, and so I really don't have a choice but to go.  And that is also the reason why we weren't able to reschedule the meeting with the architects . 

"Alden,  you are needed at makeup right away."  Sam tells me without looking up from his phone.

"So it's back to being Alden huh?"  I replied smirking.

"Yep!"

"Sam,  can you check on home?  Make sure everything is fine?"  I asked as I leap on the stairs two steps at a time. 

"Sus!  You have  only been away from them for an hour, check na agad?  Kaya mo nga pinaiwan si TenTen di ba, para may kasama sila?"

"O e di sige, I will check for myself na lang."  I pull my phone out from my pocket and started dialing.

"Hay naku! Sige na ako na lang,  diretso ka na sa makeup."  He grabbed the phone from me and took over the call.

And as soon as I sat on the makeup chair, everybody fussed around me. Seemingly, I can hear the flight of the bumblebee being played in my head. 

Chaos.

Welcome back to your world Alden Richards.  I silently mumbled.

The show started and all is going well.  I can feel everyone's excitement, including my co-hosts, when they saw me back at work. 

I have not seen nor talked to Sam until the middle of the show and he told me, that the meeting between the architects and Maine went well.  And that he was able to speak with MamaTen but not Maine, saying that my fiancé is giving our kids a bath.

I smiled as I imagined Enzo and Katie covered with bubbles and Maine leaning on the tub as she tries to scrub their heads.

"Uy! Ganda ng ngiti mo ah, bro!"  Ryan, one of the hosts teased,  sitting on the couch with me. 

"Masaya lang kuya Ry."

"I can tell.  I haven't seen you smile this much for a long time.  Ang sarap ba?"

"Oo kuya Ryan,  I never thought that this feeling even existed.  Alam mo yung feeling na I feel so light, like I am always floating." 

"And you wouldn't even think na that feeling will be given to you by someone, or a couple of little people, right?" 

"Yes, yes!  I couldn't even explain to myself where I am getting this, sometimes, I have to stop and just let it sink in, since it is all foreign to me."

"Pare,  that's love."  He said, patting my knee and getting up from the couch, leaving me to process the conversation that just transpired.

"Alden, kasama ka sa panel, standby ka na ha."  One of the production crew tells me,  snapping me out of my reverie.

I got up and walked out to the stage where work is waiting.