Another Girl's Property

I broke the only promise I've ever made to myself. Putting myself second to any bitch... But I can't help it.
Calvin was my weakness. He knew all the right words to say. The right places to touch... He knew how to get to me.
Never thought I'd see myself fuckin another women's property... Everytime I think I've put my love for him in my pocket, it always finds its way back on my shoulder.. just sitting there taunting me until I give in and give him another call.
I mean, I'm the side bitch in this position so I knew better then to just text or call at anytime... it was was 11:00 at night which means his girl is usually working her shift at the hospital around this time.. But just to be safe, I texted his phone.
"SPRINT MSG: Reminder, you have 3 days left until your Service End Date. Add a Plan to your Reserve & it will be added on your due date. Reply STOP to End msgs"
He replied about 8 minutes later,
"She's at work, wassup?"

That was our way of texting without getting caught. No reply= she was around. I asked if I could stop by and he said it was fine so I got dressed and was on my way.
I arrived. I got out my car and grabbed the key from underneath the Welcome mat and let myself in. I had once again gave into my biggest temptation.
Calvin just had a way of making me feel so special. He made me feel like a grown women. He was some years older, but I was 18 so age wasn't a problem for me.
Mid-stroke his phone went off, but he paid it no mind. He kept doing his thing and I let him. But whole time, it was a text from his girlfriend, Karina, saying she was on her way home. Her shift ended early.
When we were done, we lay there for a moment. Just looking into each others eyes as he caressed my face.
It's 1am by now. Both of our phones start ringing at the same time. I took my phone into the bathroom so we could both take our calls.
I answered the call.. tears began to roll down my face.. I dropped my phone.. I heard it smash when it hit the tile floor.
I walk back into the room and Calvin is sitting the edge of the bed with his hands in his face... Turns out we received the same call...
There was a terrible accident by the gas station that was located by Walgreens about 10 minutes from here.
We got dressed and rushed to the hospital. We signed in, walked into room 213, and there lays Karina's lifeless body... Calvin burst into tears throwing hisself over her body. I stood behind him with tears rolling down my face because I had just lost the only person who truly loved me.. My mother.