Home School!

I wrote this in yr 7 in English, when we were doing persuasive writing or debating or something like that, oh well I forgot; it's not really relevant anyway.

Abz xxx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Home school is when you are being taught in your house and you may be the only student. Home schooling is different from regular schooling because if you are home schooled you are taught at home and in regular you are taught in a big building with classrooms. If you go to regular school you make friends and socialize with people but if you are home schooled the only people you can talk to is your teacher and the few people who may be with you.

One benefit of home schooling is that lessons are not arranged , so there is freedom to just do whatever lessons that you feel like doing and this lets the ideas flow and gives the sense of independence, being able decide what subject you want  to do, it gives you a taste of your future.

Another positive advantage to home schooling is more one-to-one support; this is a good thing because in regular school it’s the teacher and the rest of the class so if everyone but you understand the task and it’s time to move on, there is nothing you can do about it. Whereas when you are home schooled it’s just you and your teacher so you get more time to understand the topic.

Home schooling also has supple timing, you can probably get up and start your day a bit later than others and maybe have your lunch earlier or later, you can do whatever at whatever time is suitable for you, and also when having your lunch you can watch television, or go on the computer and you don’t have you wait in line for your food.

There are good points as well as bad.

However what isn’t so good is that with home schooling there is less people to socialize with which means not many friends and in some cases NO FRIENDS! This can be difficult especially when playing games needing more than one or two players.

Another disadvantage to home schooling is the teacher. The teacher is most likely to be the child’s mom or dad and they probably would not specialize in all subjects so the child would not get all the right education and may be learning the wrong thing.

Additionally, like I stated above if mum or dad are not qualified to teach you they may decide to hire a private tutor and of course this will cost lots of money about £25 an hour and it will probably be at least 6 hours a day so that would be £150 a day so what I’m trying to say is home schooling can get you into financial problems but regular school is free.

On the other hand regular school always have a qualified teacher for every single subject, every teacher must went to university and got a degree in the subject(s) they teach so your child is always learning the right thing and you needn’t have to worry.

Also regular schools can offer a large variety of subjects and equipment which are very useful. The equipment can help in learning and help you understand the topic better but home school won’t have anything to help you understand things easier and a lot faster.  

In regular school the pupils have a social life; they can make friends, learn to work together and play team games. This is a good positive point because children need to learn how to mingle with other people otherwise the child would probably be a social outcast and won’t get to meet people of the outside world. Children need to be able to work together because we all work with people when we get a job and if we don’t know how then everything wouldn’t work out because you need to be able to discuss your ideas or problems with the people you work with. We all love playing games but most games require team work; if your home schooled this process will not be able to take place but in regular school there is plenty of people to be on a team with.

However in regular school it is compulsory for everyone to wear uniform and to be neat while if you are home schooled you wear your own clothes and you dress as scruffy as you like.

In regular school there are sometimes up to thirty pupils in a classroom, the room may get a bit tighter and it will become stuffy also this means the teacher has to pay attention to thirty pupils and won’t have much time to explain things.

Going to regular school means you have to carry all your books and also a bag to and back from school every day and this can give you back pains and sometimes you also have to bring your p.e kit which means double to carry but if your home schooled you just need to get your book from wherever they are in your house which is pain free.

Overall I think that regular school  is the best choice  because it gets you into a better place for the future like you’ll get a good degree have a social life and have a great job so think it is worth carrying your bags for.