Chapter 29- The Phone Call

>>>Recap: Chloe is let out of the operating room, and Jake rages upon finding out the doctor’s decision to do so, as her head is still hurting. In a moment of fury, Jake punches the wall, resulting in his hand bleeding. Chloe and Jake try to convince each other to go to a doctor for treatment, and in the end they both decide to go.<<<

Chloe’s Pov:
    Jake evades the paparazzi, dragging me all the way down the hallway into a new wing which I assume is one of the wards.
  “What the bloody hell is wrong with you?!” Jake swings the door open and proceeds to shout at the doctors.
  Alarmed, they all stand up, turning to face him.
  “S-sir”
  “Why is she out of bed?!” Jake demands, gesturing towards me.
  “Uhh……” They look at one another in panic.
  “I’m waiting…….”
  “S-sir, we didn’t know-” I watch as they try unsuccessfully to calm him down.
  “DIDN”T KNOW WHAT EXACTLY?!”
  The nearest doctor jumps and backs away from him.
  “Jake!” He turns around, annoyed, to see who is calling him.
  “Sir!” Martin appears behind us, holding his phone.
  “WHAT?”
  “Your father is calling!” He says.
  “Ahh…” He grabs his phone, before turning around to glare at the doctors, “She had better be as good as new when I come back!”
  “O-okay!”

Jake’s Pov:
  And with that, I leave the ward, phone in hand. A feeling of dread fills me as I press the answer button.
  “Hello? Father?”
  “Jake, good to see you.” My father greets me gruffly.
  “Father, I know you wouldn’t call me out of the blue after so many years…”
  “Yeah….” He sighs, probably sensing the direction the conversation is going to go.
  “So please, tell me directly.” I state firmly.
  “You know me too well...”
  “So…?” I squeeze my eyes shut, hoping for the best.
  “Jake, who is that?”
  “Who?” My eyebrows furrow in confusion.
  “That commoner girl, of course!”
  “What?” Is he talking about Chloe?
  “Don’t what me son, explain!” His voice starts to become angry, reverting to the father I have known all these years.
  “Huh? I still don’t get why are you so angry about!”
  “Look at the TV.” His voice is cold, abrupt, “I’ll call you back later when you’ve discovered the spectacle you have made out of yourself.” and he hangs up.
  “Martin!” and I motion for him to turn on the television.
  “Breaking news! We at Teen Entertainment Stars are live here at the Everton Hospital, bringing you the latest news about the son of the famous top billionaire bachelor in the business world, the one and only Jake Montinez! Now, it was around 10:30 when we spotted sightings of his chauffeur driving Jake out of school grounds at top speed. It was soon apparent that they were headed to the hospital, and we have found out that he was  actually sending a girl in the car who we assume is his girlfriend to the hospital as she had sustained a head injury, possibly due to being bullied by either Silena or Zoey, the models of Triple Stars. We now have Kim Cothane, daughter of Richard Cothane who owns one of the biggest fashion brand industries here to talk about the traumatising scene she had witnessed.”
  “Oh my god…” Martin covers his ears as Kim appears on the screen, waving at the camera .
  “Heyyy people of Florida, hi! It’s me, Kim Cothane!” She begins, a big grin plastered on her face, “Not a few hours ago, I witnessed an ABSOLUTELY traumatising scene. So let’s start from the beginning.  There’s this new girl Chloe, who joined our school around a month ago. I tried to be her friend, and help her avoid the nasty people in our school, but she wouldn’t listen! She befriended Silena, Zoey and Kylie, who are total backstabbers! She then stole  MY Jake away from me, and Silena, who is jealous of their relationship and has a grudge against my Jake, proceeded to push poor Chloe down the stairs right in front of him and I! Chloe then frantically grabbed onto the nearest thing she could get her hands on, which turned out to be my Jake. I tried to save them, but I was too late! They both went tumbling down, thankfully only one flight of stairs, but Chloe landed on the ground first, cushioned my Jake’s fall! Unfortunately, she hit her head, falling unconscious. Out of heart, my caring Jake brought her to the hospital, and even paid for her surgery fee!” At this point, Kim takes out tissues and dabs her eyes, wiping away her “tears”, “So that’s all people!”
  The screen switches back to the reporter, “Thank you Kim, for that enlightening account. So now we know, Chloe apparently has THE Jake Montinez wrapped around her finger, stolen from Kim! All I have to say, is that she’s got to be careful as it seems she’s making more enemies by the day! Once again, this is Teen Entertainment Stars bringing you the latest news about our young celebrities. Have a good night everyone.”
  I. AM.FURIOUS! HOW DARE KIM SPIN STORIES? HOW DARE THEY SAY UNTRUE THINGS?
  “Martin! Shut that bloody thing off RIGHT NOW!” I scream at him.
    He quickly jams the button down, and the annoying voice of the reporter shuts off.
  “Hey.. uh… bro?” Martin steps forward.
  “What?!” I snap at him.
  “Whoa, Calm your ass down!”
  “How can I, when she is practically making us look like assholes?!” I shout at him, flinging my phone at him, phone call forgotten.
  “Dude, trust me. We’ll get through this, ok?” Martin claps me on the back.
  “Sigh, fine!” 
  “Now let’s go back and see if there is anyone to blackmail!” Martin reaches out his hand for a hi-five.
  “Hell yeah!” I grin.
  “Now you’re getting it!”
  And we race off out of the hallway, the call with my dad completely forgotten.