Chapter 3: First Day of Class

Lauren wakes up to the sounds of grumbling and banging, which she, at first, tries to ignore. She forces herself to go back to sleep, as she has been dreaming she was in one of her family's private islands and is partying with Winona Ryder and a 90s version of Johnny Depp who's more handsome but with scissors for hands.

Unfortunately, she isn't able to continue what she's sure is about to be a ménage a trois (an awkward one, considering the scissor hands) in her dream because another bang is heard from Camila's side of the room, and all signs of sleep flies out of her entire body.

"What the fucking hell is your damn problem!?" Lauren groans as she petulantly kicks the blanket off her legs.

"I'm late and it's all your fault!" Camila accuses as she zooms all around the room trying to find her things.

"Late as in period? Oh my god, did I get you pregnant?" Lauren croaks out dramatically.

"What!? No, dumbass! Late for my class!"

"So... I'm sure you'll explain how you being late for class became my fault. I didn't know I was supposed to be your mommy and wake you up."

Lauren raises her arms above her head and stretches lazily while yawning. "Although, may I say that I won't object to being your Daddy and wake you up in a way that you won't forget."

She chuckles at her own joke, while her eyes are busy staring at Camila's tight jeans which accentuated her legs and perfect ass. She smirks and stares unashamedly, which doesn't go unnoticed by Camila.

"You are so fucking gross."

"Just appreciating art." She shrugs.

"Still gross." Camila grumbles as she haphazardly dumps her books inside her bag; pens and some papers land on the floor, which Camila fails to see due to her almost hysterical state. "And I wasn't expecting you to wake me up."

"So, ya gonna tell me why it's my fault you're running late?"

"Yes. Because of your ugly face and your stupid lamp and your annoying book!"

"I will graciously let go of the fact that you just called me ugly, which, wow girl, you need to get your eyes checked. Have you seen me?" Lauren points at herself with her eyebrow raised arrogantly. "But whatever, that's fine, you know what they say, the more you hate the more you love."

Lauren shakes her head and continues talking, "But how the fuck is my book annoying? Has it climbed its way down my shelf and made inappropriate comments to you while you were in the shower?"

Camila rolls her eyes, her brows shooting all the way up her hairline, and her lips are almost red by her constant biting which was her go-to habit whether she's nervous or pissed.

"If you weren't reading until God knows what time last night with your stupid light on, I would have been able to sleep early, which will then ensure my waking up on time!"

"Weren't you wearing that spongebob sleep mask that made you look idiotic? How could my lamp, which was turned into the dimmest setting, bother you!?"

"Your annoying page-turning kept me awake, I might as well have been reading your noisy-ass book myself!!"

"Unbelievable. I was turning my pages like any normal human beings do! You're just nitpicking because you're too stupid to understand the philosophy of Albert Camus!"