three

when todd awoke the next morning, he entered his living room to find dirk laying on the couch. for a moment he forgot who dirk was, but that was quickly replaced with anger. why in the world was he still here?

"dirk!" todd shouted, waking the startled stranger.

"i'm up, i'm up!" dirk shouted, his hair wavy from sleep. he shot up and stared at todd blinking.

"why a-are you still here?" todd growled, acidity in his voice.

"i'm sorry i just, i got tired and went to bed and i wanted to talk to you so-"

"well, we can talk then!" todd shouted, obviously being impatient. who knew why todd was so angry?

"um, well, im sorry for offending you yesterday. and i do understand, by the way. don't assume things, todd," dirk said before proceeding to walk out the door.

dirk was not concerned, however, because of the universe wanted the two together, that's where they would be.

-

todd watched dirk walk out and sat down on his couch. his hands felt cold, and suddenly everything in the room was covered in ice. he felt pain shoot through his body, probably from frost bite, and screamed.

his world was frozen. he couldn't move to find a jacket or gloves, and his medicine was so far away.

he tried to get up and go towards it, but his mind said he was frozen and so he was, to the couch that felt more like an ice cube.

he wanted so desperately for dirk to come running through the door like a superhero. he didn't care about anything else. he wanted dirk to come back so bad, it may have hurt more then the frostbite.

but, as the universe demanded, dirk didn't come back through that door for two more months.

a/n short chapter!! should be a long one next but obviously idk yet. i'm enjoying this story so much aaa

also a lil cheeky promo. i have a dirk gently dedicated insta!! it's @/hollisticdetectiveagency if ur interested

leave ur thoughts!!

q: favorite character from the show?
a: todd, my precious baby, could really use some help getting his life together and really needs a therapist