seven

dirks pov (wow my son)
minor tw again lovelies stay safe,, if you get triggered don't read please ilu

dirk smiled, despite texting todd, "i hate you." he was happier simply talking to todd then dating his boyfriend of three years, and that scared him. a lot.

he quickly deleted the texts from his phone, making sure he had memorized todd's number first. his boyfriend wouldn't be happy to see him with another boy's number.

he turned off his phone and curled up under the covers, struggling to sleep. he could never sleep anymore. he was at that point where you were so tired, it was impossible to fall asleep.

he prayed to the god that he was convinced wasn't real before trying to go to bed. how would he let shit like this happen?

maybe i deserve it. he thought for a minute. and then he shook his head, for he knew no one deserved this.

to be honest, the thing that was keeping him up so late was todd. todd, a freaking mess of a guy with some unheard of disease, was making fireworks go off in his mind. todd, a boy he had talked with twice, made his heart determined to break through his rib cage.

at some point around four a.m. his mind was consumed by a simple dream that he really couldn't remember that well.

at some point around seven a.m. he was woken up by his boyfriend screaming at him.

"wake the hell up. i want breakfast," he demanded, and so they slipped into the all too-normal routine.

todd's pov

contrary to dirk, todd woke up late, around 10 a.m.  he tried to make himself pancakes, but that didn't go so well.

quickly his mind developed an image of the room engulfed in flames, his tiny space being the only place that was safe. he rocked back and forth, gasping for air in the smoke-filled room. he forgot all about his pancakes, and instead just desperately waited for the fire to go out. he didn't believe in god, but he was praying anyways.

in his defense, he didn't think there was a god for a good reason. if so many god-awful things happen to good people, then god's doing a shitty job protecting them. he was supposed to be everyone's savior, but he purposely destroyed people's lives.

if god was real, he needed to get his fucking act together, because dirk and todd have both tried praying.

hey hey long time no see loves.
i've been feeling really good lately and i came out to an irl for the first time?? it was so good i'm so happy.

ALSO i just started class i fucking LOVE it it's fantastic.

love u,
evan