five

tw again (it's minor again like last time but still). stay safe kiddos and talk to someone xx

dirk was awoken at 5 am with a call on his cellphone. "dirk, come home. now," was what he heard.

"y-yeah, ill be home soon," he replied quietly, not wanting to wake up todd.

"speak up, dirk. i hate it when you mutter," his boyfriend responded.

"i'll be home soon," he said in a louder tone, which managed to wake up the light sleeper that owned the apartments.

"dirk? are you l-leaving?" todd asked, rubbing his eyes. his sweatpants pooled around his feet and his tank top was a size too big.

"yeah, sorry. my boyfriend said i should come home," dirk sighed and smiled. "thanks for letting me stay, todd."

"y-you know y-your boyfriend is a-a dick, though? h-he kicked you out and the n-next day he just e-expects you to go b-back? that's a-awful, dirk."

"i suppose so, todd," dirk managed to get in before todd continued.

"can i get your n-number, too? i w-want to be able to t-text you so we c-can see each other ag-g-gain," todd asked, handing his phone to dirk.

"yeah, of course!" he smiled, happy todd actually liked having him around. as an afterthought, he added, "but i might not text back sometimes. my, um, my phone dies and my charger... doesn't work well."

"that's f-fine. just d-don't leave me o-on read f-for too long, d-dirk," replied todd, concerned with the way his friend's voice wavered. he could tell that dirk was lying, but did not know why, so he didn't pursue it.

"thank you, todd, really. it means a lot. i ran out of your life for two months and you just let me stay on your couch? that's really cool of you todd, you're a good friend," dirk smiled lightly.

todd frowned. "i'm not a good friend, dirk, but whatever."

the smile fell from the other's face. he tilted his head, trying to figure the mysterious boy with an unheard of disease who liked baggy sweatpants and had eyes who would make you melt. who had cute hair that curled slightly in the morning and who was so utterly generous it hurt. who was so utterly stunning, it made you fall in love.

dirk laughed before saying, "oh, todd," and slipping out the door.

a/n 100 reads wth ily all?? also i just feel really good today and it's so nice.

but i'm pissed at my school because we've been reading stories that deal with suicide and abuse and there is a kid in my class who's triggered by that and we just keep reading them it bothers me so much