four

notice: tw this chapter. stay safe kiddos and talk to someone if you need too. this includes me.

todd waited every day for dirk. looked out the window at the road, longing for the crazy mystery man.

when he told amanda about dirk, she said he was crazy to want him back.

"he broke into your apartment, todd!" she shouted, trying to knock some sense into her brother.

"but i miss him," he decided.

and then, on august ninth, dirk opened todd's door and ran in, mumbling about something.

"what the  hell, dirk! you c-can't just show up two months l-later and-"

"let me talk, todd!" dirk shouted, looking up. the owner of the apartment noticed that dirk had tired eyes and tear-stained cheeks. it looked as if someone had poured red paint on his face from how colored it was. he was dishelved, as his hair was a mess and his coat was inside out.

"w-what happened?" todd asked, taking in dirk's appearance for the first time.

"well, um, this is gonna take a little bit to explain probably, but the main point is i need somewhere to stay and i need you to say yes," the intruder pleaded, begging todd. he nodded and dirk continued.

"um, so, for the past five months i've been living with my boyfriend, cole. he's a sweet guy, really he is. but lately he's been drinking too much. and uh, it started to get bad. he doesn't think straight when he's drunk. he, uh, he kicked me out," dirk finished, staring at todd to see his reaction at one key word.

"well, your b-boyfriend's a dick. you can stay here as l-long as you n-need," todd answered, smiling at his friend. well, could he even be considered a friend?

dirk smiled. so todd wasn't homophobic, which made his life about thirty times easier. and todd was letting him stay, which was fantastic. "thanks, todd."

"no problem, dirk. are you good with the couch?" todd asked, smiling sweetly. hell yeah, he was pissed at dirk, but he could not handle him waking out of his life again.

"yeah, sure, that's great, thanks," he replied, not caring at all. he wouldn't be here long anyways.

just as todd was about to go to his room, dirk called out, "hey todd?"

"yeah dirk?"

"thank you."

"of course," todd replied, not understanding how much it meant to the boy sleeping on the couch.

a/n ha did i say longer chapter? more like the same length as the other ones.

i had an idea but i ditched it and decided to save it for later

q: favorite tv show besides dirk gently?

a: idk. probably supernatural or doctor who or sherlock or gravity falls?? i don't have favorites really i just only watch like 5 shows.