I kept the promise

(A/N): Well everyone, here we are, months later from the original story. In case you couldn't tell, I've decided to make a sequel! And before you begin asking questions about other stories, yes they're still being worked on. I'm currently suffering from writers block for the Weiss story and will put it on hold until further notice, but for now, lay back, relax and enjoy the story of how an eternal rose begins to wither. In case you haven't yet you can read the original story here - https://www.wattpad.com/story/60964769-eternal-roses-m-reader-x-ruby-rose

WARNING: VOLUME 4 EVENTS ARE TAKING PLACE IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You were near the city of Haven and it's been rough, it's been about three months since the fall of Vale and you've gone renegade again, though in a different sense than before. Instead of trying to just survive, you were trying to completely trying to change from your old self, your renegade self.

But here you were exiting a white fang base covered in blood, you're gut had grown use to having to kill again, but your mind hasn't. Every time you had to kill someone, you felt your sanity slowly drain away but with each trip you also gained more information about what happened at Vale, you found out that a woman named Cinder had been behind it and that she had lots of powerful allies.

You were heading back to your camp for the day. You needed to start making a fire due to it about to be dark. It was a mostly easy trip but something caught your attention making your raise your guard.

In a bush off to the side, their was rustling and lots of it, you pulled out both your weapons and got ready to fight whatever came out. But to your surprise all that came out was a dead Ursa falling to the ground. And behind it was four familiar faces.

Jaune Arc, Lie Ren, Nora Valkyrie and.... Ruby.

You made eye contact with her and a split second later you were on the ground due to her tackling you. She was hugging you tight and remained silent since it was the first time she had seen you in months. You gladly hugged her back as you both got stares from the three others watching the scene play out before them.

After a few moments you both got up and you quickly led your way to your camp site since they're pretty far from civilization. They were all setting up their sleeping bags as you got the fire ready, and after that they were out pretty quick. Except for Ruby and yourself.

There was a thick silence between you two as you both stared at the fire cracking and popping.

"Hey... (F/N)..." She said quietly so she wouldn't wake the others

"Yeah Rubes?" You answered back also keeping quiet

"Remember the promise you made?"

"... Yeah..." You said moving right next to her "I remember..."

You looked towards her and lifted her head to face you and began leaning in preparing to make contact. Millimeters before your lips connected your eyes shot open and your body shot up hitting your head on the support beam right above you making a loud thud.

"Son of a bitch!" You cursed holding your head trying to prevent a headache from forming.

"Keep it down will you?" A groggy voice asked from your side "I have a hangover"

You looked over to see the older black haired man laying with his cape over his face. "Can it Qrow, it was your decision to go drinking last night, I'm not gonna baby you when your in pain," You told him fully sitting up.