To Finally Move Forward

It all had happened so fast. The Grimm had showed up with little to no warning and it was none you had ever seen before. Of course you all initially tried to take it out quickly but were easily knocked back and thrown across the ground back towards where Qrow was.

Rolling along your side you twisted yourself until your feet found the ground allowing you to put yourself upright. As everyone else got to their feet and stared at the cloud of dust ahead you laid eyes in the outline of the creature in front of you. The eye and red highlights glowing from within the dust, it slowly walked its way into your view as it turned to face you five.

Its fingers twitched for a moment as the horse stopped moving and the top half snapped itself upwards letting out another of the roars that went straight into your soul. Wincing at the painful noise you kept your eyes on it as it snapped back to look at you and the others. It's head twitching in consideration it only rested on you all for a moment before drifting its sight over to Qrow.

Jaune was the first to act, sheathing his blade he broke into a sprint for Qrow with you following behind him, your weapons still drawn. The Grimm snapped its arm at Jaune only for you to intercept and deflect it to the side with your blade allowing Jaune to reach Qrow. With the monsters attention now on you, you took a deep breath through your teeth as it prepared to charge at you.

Seeing Jaune out of your peripherals you challenged the Grimms standing and ran at it as it charged you at the same time. Before you could even collide there were three trails of pink dust that came into contact with the Grimm, all of them exploding on impact and causing it to stagger. Using this chance you slid under the creature and dragged your blade across its underbelly cutting it. As you came out the other side you turned back to the monster, preparing to continue your assault, but were met with its rear hooves kicking you in the chest and sending you onto your back.

Emitting a small groan of pain you forced yourself back up to your feet and saw that Ren, Nora and Ruby had started to fight the creature as well. Trying their hardest to get a clean hit but struggling to do so. Running back to the fight you jumped up onto the back of the horse and were getting ready to stab the top half but had to stop when the top half twisted its body a full 180° with its arms ready to smack you off. Slowing it down just in time you jumped off, avoiding the attack, and regrouped with the others who were firing at it with their weapons.

The horse screeched at the incoming bullets and rushed the four of you causing you all to split apart and continue your attack from separate angles. It seemed that the Grimm held a vendetta against you for your early strike as you were its main target. Lashing out at you any chance it got you were forced to play the defensive and avoid or deflect its oncoming strikes as the others shot at it from a distance.

Jumping to the side to avoid one of the oncoming attacks you could see an opening and closed the distant to utilize it. Using your semblance to speed yourself up you quickly closed the gap between you and the head of the horse as you jumped up and used the head as a stepping stone before lodging your blade into the nape of its neck. Your blade could barely make it in before the Grimm began to thrash and screech in pain. Holding on to your blade you were almost thrown off and instead dislodged  your weapon and jumped off to avoid an incoming attack from the top half.

Before your feet could touch the ground  it turned and once again kicked you with its hind legs sending you back a few feet and gasping for air. A quick (F/C) surge passing over you as you took a moment to regain your breath.

"I swear to whatever gods there may be... if I get kicked one more time I am going to scream..." you grumbled to yourself getting back to your feet.

Looking at the battle you saw Ruby and Nora getting to their feet as well while Ren stood with his weapons locked with the Grimm's arms.

"Guys!" Jaune called out getting your attention "Keep moving, go in a circle!"