Regret

"Hey" He muttered just above a whisper standing in front of Ruby, blocking the stinger that threatened her just a moment ago.

"Uncle Qrow...?" She asked confused as to why he was there as she stared up at him.

Finally realizing the situation and that Ruby was safe, for now at least, you dropped your weapons and sprinted over to Ruby and slid across the ground wrapping your arms around her. Looking back at Qrow your gaze held a great hatred in them towards the man behind him making him sigh.

"I hear ya kid," He said in his gruff voice turning to face the maniacal man who had assaulted you all. "Listen here bud, I don't know who you are-" He said being cut off by his adversary bowing to him.

"My dear friend, my name is Tyrian. And I was sent by our queen!" He announced looking to the sky.

"Queen...?" Ruby questioned

"Salem..." Qrow muttered 

"Who...?" She asked again

"I think we've had enough talk now, don't you?" The man named Tyrian said crouching down

"You took the words right out of my mo-" Qrow managed to get out before his opponent lunged at him beginning the clash among the more experienced of fighters.

Using this diversion you picked Ruby up and brought her back to the others where she would be safer. Looking back at the two clash it was as if it was a movie. The sheer skill and force behind their blows were something you wouldn't think to be real. Seeing in your peripherals you could see Ren and Nora get ready to rush Tyrian but you put your arms out stopping them.

"Don't!" You shouted making them halt "Let Qrow handle this! If you join in you'll just get in the way!" You told them watching the fight.

"(F/N)... do you know what's going on?!" Jaune asked behind you

"No, I haven't the slightest idea. But I know that if we join in the fight it won't end well for us..." You told him

"And how do you know that?!" Nora questioned

"Qrow has a... special affect with him. I don't know what but he has it. And you don't want to be around when it takes effect." You said

"(F/N) how do you know this?!" Ruby asked running ahead of you to face you "How do you know uncle Qrow?!"

You looked her dead in her silver eyes and let out a sigh "I'll tell you later, but for now," You paused facing Jaune and holding you hand out "I can't sit back and let that stupid drunk take this on by himself!" You shouted "Jaune! Please let me use your blade for this, I need the extra range that my dagger can't give!" You told stunning him for a moment.

"But- I thought you said we shouldn't intervene with this fight, why would you jump in knowing what would happen?!" He shouted and asked

You put your hand down and grabbed his shoulders looking him dead in the eye "Because I've been traveling with him for months now, I can handle my own around him so please!" You asked again as you could see the thought process in his head commence.

A moment later he shook his head and reached to his sheathe pulling his blade out and holding it out for you to take. "(F/N), don't do anything stupid out there. Make sure you both get out safely." He said as you took his blade and nodded before turning to Ruby.

"Ruby, I need you to promise that you won't interfere, it's absolutely crucial that you don't." You told her to which she quickly nodded "Thank you." You continued giving her a hug before running off to join the fray.

Quickly breaking into a sprint you went for your weapons laying on the ground sliding as you approached them. Digging Jaunes' blade into the ground you slowed yourself down before coming to a complete stop at them. Grabbing your dagger you put it back in it's sheathe before grabbing your main blade and holding it in your spare hand before shooting your vision back up seeing Qrow unarmed as Tyrian laughed with his tail waving around in the air.