six.

*Leah*

I've never realized how cold it can get in New York. Ice scattered the sidewalks as snow slowly drifted down from the sky. That didn't seem to slow down the city, though. That's one thing I've taken note on. No matter how bad the weather may seem, New York City was always busy and alive.

I walked down a narrow pathway, passing many people who pushed and shoved their way through. Today was the only day I had off and I wanted to spend it by walking through the city. I hated the thought that I had lived here for almost 3 months and I hadn't properly explored the city. It was quite beautiful actually, besides the potty-mouthed New Yorkers who didn't seem to mind what they said. I had learned that it was common to yell at someone for the simplest things here. That was the only down side to this city. There was a lot of hate.

I decided to stop to get something to eat considering it was nearly 2 in the afternoon and I had eaten nothing yet. I soon came upon a small café called Lo's Dinner. It was very small and it didn't seem to get much business but the simplicity of it made me like it that much more. As soon as I sat down at a booth a girl around my age walked up to me and handed me a menu.

"Me names Katie and I'll be your waitress for today. Can I get 'ya anything 'ta drink?" I smiled when I heard that familiar Irish accent.

"Actually could I get an Iced tea with lemon on the side?" I asked. As soon as the words left my lips I saw a huge grin spread across her lips.

"Leah!" She quickly wrapped me into an unexpected hug. I wasn't quite sure what to do so I just sat there and let her hug me. She must have noticed how awkward I felt because not long after she pulled back with a sheepish look on her face.

"Sorry. I'm a hugger." She smiled. I laughed it off.

"Its quite alright. I'm just not into hugging all that much." I spoke, "I didn't know you worked here."

"Yeah. I actually just got a job here not that long ago. I work with Niall as well I just needed some extra money to pay for me apartment so I decided ta get a part time job. I actually don't mind it. It's quite nice here." I looked up at her with a questioning look.

"I didn't know you worked for Niall too." I said and she shook her head in response.

"I'm the new secretary. Their last one, Ashley I think her name was, quit ta go work for Styles Inc. Niall has been losing quite a few people to Mr. Styles he's been hiring like crazy and has been handing out outrageous amounts of money for salaries. Nearly double of what Niall pays." She spoke. Soon she turned to me with a ghost like appearance on her face.

"Please don't tell him I told ya that." She said quietly. I laughed and shrugged my shoulders.

"You're alright love, don't think I'm going to be leaving anytime. I actually quite like working for Niall." I shrugged. Once the words left my mouth a wave of relief washed over her face.

"Thank god." She sighed, "anyways I better go get you your iced tea." And before I knew it she was off. I was left to myself, giving me the oppertunity to go through my phone. I scrolled through twitter until something caught my eye. A notification popped up on the top of my screen.

Niall: So about that date.. 

After reading the text I quickly responded before setting my phone down on the table.