TALE 2: Revalations (3)

TALE 2:                               Revalations (3)

TALE 2:
Revalations (3)

                                    TALE 2:                               Revalations (3)

SHE WAS IN THE DREAM STATE.

Azade immediately recognized where she was.

The alabaster walls, lonely room and the sick queen that laid in the bed across from her floating body.

'Was this death?'

"I suppose a thank you is due?"

Sian'Ki appeared, young, beads and jewels absent once again. She smiled at Azade and raised a stray eyebrow. "You think you're dead, don't you?"

"He hit me with the sword."

A laugh, "That was about to happen, yes. But be thankful I appeared to vanish you here just in time."

"Where is my body then?"

"Safe. He won't find it."

Azade frowned at the absence of information, she wanted to die. That was all she wanted. "He would've killed me?"

"Unless you started screaming one of those stories of yours, then I suppose he would've." Sian'Ki gave a sickening smile, "—But you wanted to die didn't you? How morbid."

"You would've wanted to die if you were I."

The witch dropped her grin, her face suddenly appearing ages older. "I have endured worse than you, child."

Azade simply looked at her, words laying on the tip of her tongue. 'Then perhaps you should kill yourself as well?' She wanted to shout at her. But she restrained herself, not wanting to anger the witch who could use painful power on her already weak body.