TALE 3: Creation (1)

TALE: 3                                 Creation (1)

                                   TALE: 3
                                 Creation (1)

                                   TALE: 3                                 Creation (1)

Azade could barely speak.

The girl in front of her feet, bloodied and chained looked to be on the edge of death.

She tried to tell a tale, her throats etching each time her eyes met the dead ones around her, and each time she witnessed the barely living girl at her feet. Her words came in pauses, tears threatening to choke her words into oblivion.

"If you keep pausing, perhaps I'll just kill her now—" His hands coming into close proximity with her throat. Azade wondered how he would do it.

Would he tear out her heart, like he did the poor maid? Would he simply slit her throats like the dead girls around them?

"Wait!" Azade put out a hand, shutting her eyes for a brief moment and taking a deep breath. "I have a tale."

Rukun grinned. Every bit of him a monster.

She took a breath, shut her eyes and blocked out everything around her. Her mind spinning as she remembered the tale her Mother uttered so long ago...

CHAOS WAS THE BEGINNING.
In a time before the world. Before the sun and the moon, the world was disordered. Nothing was peaceful. Peace did not exist.

Monsters roamed lands freely, killing any being with a spark of life flickering in their hearts. There was no time, no night and no day.

There was nothing.

In this void, a birth occurred. Out of the ashes, out of the darkness sprung the spirit Mata: creator of order. She fought brilliantly with her powers and rid the monsters of the earth. Within a few moments, life had begun anew.