Chapter 6

Enjoy!!!!
************************

I spent that week alternating between thoughts of Chronos, that woman,his parents and the voices in my head.

I wanted to ask my friends about it,we had gotten quite close over the short time we had known each other,but I didn't want to admit to being a creep and going through someone's house.

They could sense something wrong I know but every time they asked I said I was fine.

I wasn't the only one acting weird anyways. In fact they were all acting super off. Like every time a guy looked at either Helen or Marjory the boys looked about ready to kill.

Yesterday during gym class another girl in our class,Tiffany,was talking to Kaden and I swear I heard his girlfriend growl.

It wasn't just them either. Almost everyone in school was suddenly more rough this week. The games almost always ended in a couple of students going to the nurse and there was a fight almost every period.

The weirdest thing was that it seemed the teachers knew exactly what was going on and no one actually got in any serious trouble.

I felt like I was the only one out of the loop and it was very irritating.

I decided that I wasn't going back to the house in the woods this weekend. I couldn't lie,I wanted to see Chronos but everything that happened last time was still fresh in my mind and it was all still quite bizarre to me.

I had come to the conclusion that the locket was a time travel device that had allowed me to travel back to the moment Chronos' dad gave it to his mom.

I don't mean to brag but, I mean,my powers of deduction were on another level.

But this amazing discovery only led to more questions.

Was it science?

Or could it perhaps be....magic?

It wasn't that far fetched. I knew there were things in this world that could not be explained by science.

It was Saturday again and I was just lazing around in my room,enjoying my time out of school. I missed my friends though.

I know I'd only been away from them for a few hours but I never really enjoyed being alone after I made friends.

I mean after I was attached to you there was no getting away from me.

I thought to go hang out with Kaden who was quickly becoming my best friend. So I got up from the floor and made my way to the bathroom.

I stepped out of my clothes,gave myself a grin and a wink in the mirror before starting up the shower and hopping in.

I sang away in the shower and took my time. I wasn't in any hurry, he literally lived like ten steps away from my front door.

I got out and got dressed in black sweat pants and a tank top and slippers.

I ran out the front door and just barged into his house. His mother said I didn't have to knock so....

I ran up the stairs,straight to his room and threw the door open.

What I saw literally made my heart stop.

I couldn't decide whether to puke,because I had just walked in on my friends getting it in or scream because Kaden had huge canines and had sank them into Helen's shoulder...
And she couldn't look happier.

What on earth was happening???

They didn't even notice me.I quickly but silently closed the door and darted out the house. I still felt horrible that I'd walked in on them. I should have knocked. How rude of me.