Chapter 9

Five comments for next chapter!!!

Enjoy!!!

***************************************************************************

"Angel!"

I was startled awake. I looked up to see Miss Baker, my mathematics teacher glaring at me. She hates me.

"If you're not going to stay awake in my class then you might as well leave." She spat.

I sighed.

"Well if you insist." I replied.

I grabbed my books, stuffed them in my bag and got up. I could feel eyes on me as I walked out. Miss Baker's jaw was on the floor. She hadn't expected me to actually get up and leave.

I made my way to the clinic because the nurse was nice and she would put me on bed rest if I asked.

I had been so tired lately. I think its because of the pain medication I am taking. My back isn't fully healed yet so I have to take meds and they make me super sleepy.

The nurse smiled at me when I walked in. We had grown fond of each other over the past week. I had come to her the day after my incident with Chronos because I needed my dressing changed and I couldn't do it myself. When she had asked what had happened, I couldn't come up with a plausible lie so I just told her I couldn't say. She had been very worried but I assured her that it was never going to happen again and I made her promise that she wouldn't tell anyone, but she said she would only promise if by any chance this ever happened again I would tell her everything.

So here we were. Me sleeping on one of the beds and her doing whatever.

"Terry?"

"Yes darling?"

"Are you married?"

She looked middle age-ish.

"Yes I am." She smiled.

I smiled as well.

"Why do you ask?"

I didn't know how to answer that so I just asked another question.

"What is it like?"

She ignored my rudeness.

"Being married?"

I nodded.

She thought about it for a while, which is something I liked  about her. She was never in a rush to speak. She always thought it through.

"Well most people say their marriage is perfect but that wouldn't be true. Marriage is hard and it requires a lot of sacrifices and compromise. "

I frowned. That didn't sound very appealing. She saw the look on my face and laughed.

"On the other hand, marriage is a beautiful thing. It is a source of comfort and mutual support. It is amazing to spend so much time with someone, years and years, build a family with them, and still learn something new about them everyday."

She was smiling and I could see the happiness in her eyes. I could only wish I would be that happy after decades of marriage.

"How did you know though...that he was the one?"

"Oh from the moment we met I knew. There was something about my Edgar that pulled me to him. He was a player you know, back in the day."

I chuckled.

"Was he now?"

"Oh yes, but I straightened him right out."

We both laughed at that but then Terry got serious.