CHAPTER ONE

"WAND?"

"WAND?"

"YES-"

"COAT? IT'S chilly outside."

"Ted-"

"Shoes?"

"Teddy." Percival placed his hands on his daughters shoulders. A soft chuckle left his lips as a bewildered grin fell on hers.

"Yes, father?" Teddy looked at him, an amused smiled was plastered on her face.

"Shouldn't I be doing this to you?" He questions.

"Nope, don't got a job." Teddy flattened out his collar and ruffled his hair slightly.

"Hey-" Percival fixed his hair, causing Teddy to laugh softly and cover her mouth with her hand. "I'm fine. I do this every day."

"And you always forget something." Teddy chuckles.

"Well, what could I have possibly forgotten?"

"Your pants."

"Wha-" He looks down and groans as he finds that he is wearing pants.

"Made you look!" She breaks out in small giggles, causing her father to smile. He hasn't heard that in a long time.

"You're so silly." Percival shakes his head and chuckles, watching his daughter be happy for the first time in forever.

"Enjoy it while it lasts." Teddy grins and then kisses his cheek. "Now go be a Auror and save New York."

"I will, I will." Percival kisses her forehead and then opens the door. "I love you."

"I love you too!" And with that her father left with a soft slam of the front door. Teddy looked around the living room and her smile fell.

Usually on days like this Teddy would visit Tina or Queenie, but Tina is at work doing God knows what and Queenie is probably sleeping at this hour, given the fact that it's one. She loves the Goldstein sisters and considers them as the sisters she's never had.

On the subject of friends, Teddy doesn't have that many. Mostly it was because her father scared everyone she breathed the same air as, and because she was deemed annoying by some people.

After loosing her magic twelve years ago she tried desperately to keep the friends she had at Ilvermonry, but most of they didn't want to be friends with the girl who lost her magic.

Even though it was against the rules, Teddy did make one friend. His name is Credence Barebone and he was a no-maj. She met him when she toppled him over as she was trying to run home before her father got there.

After that, they kept in touch. Teddy noticed scars on his hands, sometimes they were still bleeding. She'd clean his hands no matter what Credence said.

Teddy knew what his adoptive mother, Mary Lou, did to him. It absolutely broke her heart when she found that out. Yes, he lacked some social skills, but he certainly did not deserve such a cruel punishment.

Teddy tried to go to most of the meetings his adoptive mother made, which made Teddy laugh because they were the stupidest things. It was like a child telling people to stop believing in Santa Claus.

But never less she went to them. Teddy always took a leaflet from Credence and gave him food when Mary Lou forgot to feed him. Sometimes Teddy considered bringing Credence in to live with her and her father. Surely he wouldn't mind.

The subject of friends and family made Teddy's heart clench. She cared about them deeply. Her father, Queenie, Tina and Credence. And the thought of loosing them scared her so much.

It was her fault that her mother, Dorothy, was killed. She couldn't go anything. Teddy vowed to herself that if she could do anything to protect someone she cared about, she would do it. Even if it killed her.

Teddy looked at herself in the mirror and sighed softly. Her cheekbones were held high and her nose was small. She was always told that she looked like her mother from fellow wizards or witches. Teddy brushed her hair, humming a tune that she heard the other day.

She flattened out her pants and fixed her blouse. Teddy took another glance at her reflection before slipping on a black coat. She was going to be late to the Second Salemers meeting at Steen National Bank. And she hated being late to things.

☆☆☆

Whoop, whoop. Can't wait for all of you to read the rest.