CHAPTER SEVEN

TEDDY WAS SAT NEAR Frank, a cigarette lit in between her lips as she sighed softly

TEDDY WAS SAT NEAR Frank, a cigarette lit in between her lips as she sighed softly. One hand was petting the Thunderbird while the other was playing with her hair.

She used to have a terrible habit with smoking after her mother passed. And when her father found out, she either has to stop or move out. You can guess which one she chose.

From then on she would only light up a cig if she really needed it. And I mean really needed it. She couldn't believe that she almost broke down, let alone in front of two people she didn't know. She hated that, feeling weak when she's not.

She could easily turn off her emotions, but emotions are what make us human. Regret, guilt, love, any emotion strives us to do and not do certain things.

It would be so easy to just shut everyone out and hide. And it was easy. Teddy tried that for a good two years, but it didn't help with the neverending guilt thay passed through her veins.

And that is why Teddy is smoking. Because guilt and sadness drove her to it. Smoking makes her happy when she feels this sad. She didn't know that she was crying until Frank nudged his head against hers, and wrapped a wing around her shaking body.

"Teddy? Frank have you seen- Oh." Frank's wing began to unwind itself from Teddy's body and the warm air surrounding her left. The cigarette from her lips fell on the ground as the hot stub burnt her lip.

Teddy's face directed itself on her lap, a small shuffling was heard next to her. She glanced at the area that made the sound and found Newt sat there.

His eyes glanced at the weeping girl and looked back at his lap, not knowing how to properly console her. She did put a knife to his throat on their first proper encounter.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked softly, his body turning towards her.

"No..." Teddy mumbles, wiping the area under her eyes and sniffled.

"Look, I know you mean well Newt, but I can't talk to you." She says carefully, trying to choose the correct words without offending him. "It's nothing personal.... I'm just to used to talking to people about my- my emotions and such."

"I understand, Teddy." Newt smiles small and nods.

"Thank you." Teddy softly rubbed his back, causing Newt to wince.

"Oh god, I'm sorry-"

"Don't worry, not your fault."

"Let me take a look your back."

"W-What? No, I'm fine."