3

Josh and Tyler walked next to each other in silence after leaving the store. Tyler's mind was racing. What was he even doing? He never even talked to people like Josh let alone let them walk him home. But there was something about Josh that made Tyler feel comfortable, which was new for him. Never in his whole life of constantly moving had he ever felt this comfortable with a stranger.

"So where did you move here from?" Josh asked.

Tyler was lost in thought and was caught off guard by this question. "Oh um, North Carolina." He paused for a second trying to think of a ways to keep the conversation going because he did want to talk to Josh, he just had no experience talking to people like Josh. "Have you lived in Columbus your whole life?"

Josh smiled like he was happy that Tyler wanted to talk. "No actually, I've lived in Ohio my whole life. But I've only lived in Columbus for like five years." Tyler barely heard Joshes answer. He was more focused on how beautiful Josh's smile was.

He was about to ask Josh another question but When he looked up he saw that they were at his house. "Thanks for walking me home. I hope it wasn't too far out of your way." Tyler said. And honestly he hoped Josh hadn't gone too far out of his way, but at the same time he didn't really care because he got a walk home from an attractive boy with bright red hair.

"Yeah no it's fine. I actually live like two streets down so it's fine." Josh flashed him another smile that made Tyler's stomach do a little flip and a light blush spread across his cheeks.

Tyler and Josh said their goodbyes but before Tyler made it to his door Josh stopped him. "So I'm kind of really bad at this. But um.." he paused and scratched the back of his neck. The nervous look on his face making Tyler smile. "Can I get your number so we can like hang out sometime?"

Tyler smiled even more and handed Josh his phone to put his number in. Josh did the same and after the two boys said goodbye Tyler finally want inside his house.

~~~~~~~~~~

Tyler smiled at his phone as he read another text from Josh. The two had been texting and learning more about each other for two weeks but still hadn't seen each other in person again. But this was different from Josh's usual text.

Hey, we should hang out again.

Tyler thought about his response for a second in his head. He wanted to see Josh again but he couldn't help but wonder if it would be awkward. He was comfortable texting with Josh but talking to him in person was completely different. He felt a cloud of anxiety swirl around in his chest as he typed his response.

Okay, when and where?

My house? Tomorrow?

Tyler agreed and after Josh gave him his address they continued to talk like they normally did. But as they talked Tyler's couldn't sweep away his nerves for the next day.

~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Woah I finally got an update out. I was really busy with school and personal stuff so I didn't really have a chance to write. Also, woah it's Christmas! Hope you guys had a nice holiday.

Thanks for reading! Comment, vote and all that Jazz if you liked it.