5

"Oh Josh I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have asked." Tyler wanted to crawl into a hole and die. How could he just ask about his brother so insensitively? Josh's sad look on his face made it worse.

Josh's eyes were rimmed with red and he looked close to tears. His voice was uneven as he answered. "No it's fine. It was almost a year ago I'm fi-" Josh choked on his words before he could finish talking and the tears began to fall onto his cheeks.

Tyler reached foreword and holds Josh tightly in his arms. Josh continued to cry into the soft fabric of Tyler's shirt as Tyler slowly walked them into Josh's room. They sat on the bed and Tyler ran his fingers through josh's hair and held him tight. After about five minutes Josh had calmed down bet Tyler still didn't let go of him. They sat like that till Josh spoke up "I'm sorry." His voice was almost a whisper. It was so different from the smooth confident voice that he usually had.

Tyler looked down at the boy in his arms. His tear stained cheeks and red eyes making him look so fragile. "Hey you don't have anything to be sorry for okay? If anything I should be sorry." Tyler felt so bad that it was his fault that Josh was like this.

"Okay. It's just..." Josh paused for a second debating whether to continue. "I should be fine, but I'm not and I don't know it's just hard I guess." His face looked less red but his breath was still uneasy.

"Josh, you know that it's okay not to be okay. You can't just hold in your feelings and tell yourself that you're okay." He paused before adding on. "And if you want you can talk to me anytime, okay?" The tension in Josh's shoulders seemed to ease slightly and a light smile graced his face.

"Thanks Tyler, that really means a lot to me. I mean it." A light blush dusted over Tyler's cheeks. Tyler hated how easily Josh could make him blush. Josh crawled out of Tyler's lap and sat near the wall.

"Thanks." Tyler said. Josh then started laughing which caused Tyler to smile "what?" Tyler asked as Josh's giggles died down.

"Nothing. It's just funny, this is the first time we're really hanging out and you've already seen me cry."

Tyler started laughing "Yeah I guess I'm just special." He said with a smile. Josh smiled and laughed with him. The two laid next to each other and talked until they slowly dozed off.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh man is that the time?" Tyler asked looking at the alarm clock on Josh's nightstand. He was wide awake now because the clock said 7:30 and he was supposed to be home an hour ago.

"Yeah why?" Josh asked.

Tyler looked at his phone where he had twelve missed calls from his mom and ten from his dad. "I was supposed to be home an hour ago. My parents are going to kill me." Tyler said as he slipped on his shoes.

"Do you want me to walk you home so I can tell them you were with me?" Josh asked. Tyler loved that he was so considerate.

"No it's fine. But I'll text you later okay?" Tyler was already standing at Josh's door about to leave.

"Yeah, thanks for everything." Josh said as he walked Tyler downstairs to the door. The two stop at the door and exchange their goodbyes. Tyler then begins his walk home. He hopes his parents won't be that mad when he gets home but all he can think about is how close he feels to Josh.

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I had this chapter written already but as I was rereading it I didn't like it so I changed it.

Thanks for reading! Comment, vote and all that Jazz if you liked it.