Epilogue

The two months before graduation seemed to drag on. But now it was finally over. Tyler stood with his friends on the field. This would probably be the last time they were all together so they were trying to make the most of their time.

"So Ty, you said you're going to Ohio State right?" Dallon asked him. They hadn't really seen each other a lot lately because Dallon had been spending most of his extra time with Brendon, they even had their fingers laced together right now. But Tyler was happy for them, he definitely wasn't jealous.

"Yeah, what about you guys?" Tyler asked.

Brendon smiled and answered for them. "We're both going to UNLV, actually I think Josh is going there too."

"Really, he is?" Tyler had never heard Josh talk about wanting to go to Las Vegas for school. Josh always talked about Ohio State, he said it was his dream school. Tyler assumed that's where'd he'd go. He couldn't help but feel like it was his fault that Josh wasn't going to his dream school.

"Yeah I think heard him telling Ashley about it earlier." Tyler excused himself and decided he was going to find Josh.

He found Josh near the bleachers talking to a girl he didn't recognize. "Hey Josh, can I talk to you for a minute? I mean when you're done." He asked nervously, feeling bad about interrupting their conversation.

The girl flashed Josh a smile before saying "Actually I need to get going but it was nice talking to you."

"Yeah, I'll text you later." He told her before she turned and left. "Hey, what's up Ty?"

"Brendon said you're going to UNLV. When did you change your mind about Ohio?" He asked.

Josh stopped for a minute to think. "I don't know I just feel like I need out of here. Like I need a fresh start or something, y'know?"

"Yeah, I get that." He paused before asking "So it didn't have anything to do with me right?"

"No, of course not. I know we haven't really been the same after we broke up but I'm not trying to avoid you Tyler. I don't know it's just hard seeing you. I feel bad and guilty for ending things and kind of pushing you further away when you were just trying to help." Josh said, while avoiding eye contact.

"Josh you shouldn't feel guilty. I know our break up was for the best, I understand. You deserve to be happy and healthy. You should take care of yourself before you bring someone into your life like that. I'm really not mad." Tyler said in the most compassionate tone he could use.

"Thank you for understanding and dealing with me. It means a lot to have a friend like you." Josh smiled.

"Yeah, I should probably get going. Good luck in Las Vegas. If you ever need to talk or anything you can call me, okay?" Tyler felt like he was about to cry. He didn't want to say goodbye.

Josh's smile seemed sad like he was thinking the same thing. "Okay I will, definitely. Good luck here. I love you, I always will." Tears rimmed his reddening eyes as he pulled Tyler into a hug.

"I love you too Josh, I always will" Tyler said as he hurried his face in the crook of his neck, taking in his smell one more time before he let go.

~~~~~~~~~~

It's over! Special thanks to artisticjoseph because I probably wouldn't have got past chapter eleven without her and she's an amazing idea processor. This story took a big turn for where it was originally going to go but I'm pretty happy with how it went. Big thanks to anyone that read this story, I love you and you're amazing.