The note

Skye took the knife downstairs and showed her dad. Her dad exammed the knife.

"Werid, why would there be a knife in the bathroom?" Skye's dad questioned.

Kaylee looked at Skye then at her dad, "Can I talk with Skye?"

Skye's dad nodded and stepped out of the way. Kaylee and Skye headed outside as the sun was setting slowly.

"I heard what happen." Kaylee said, "Danielle tells me a lot of stuff."

"To tell you that Sean kissed me not-" Skye got cut off by Kaylee.

Kaylee looked into the sun, "Don't worry, I believe you. Danielle is not very trustworthy."

They continued walking till they reached the tree.

"This place was really special to my mom." Skye said happily.

Kaylee sat on the bench, "I know that me and Noah don't ever want the lodge to belong to Sean's dad."

Skye sat with Kaylee, "I can't believe Sean would kiss. Ya, I like him but I also didn't want to hurt Ben."

Kaylee sighed, "I know how you feel."

"What do I do?" Skye continued, "Do I ignore him?"

"If I was you I would listen to what your heart would say." Kaylee mentioned.

Then a little ruffle in the leaves which made Kaylee and Skye frighten so they ran back to the lodge.

"Skye! Do you know what you did?" Her dad said.

Skye got confused, "I forgot to fix my bed." She was about to run upstairs.

"No, Skye. You broke the curfew rules." Dad was stern.

"For that you are grounded." Her dad said sternly.

"But dad, we were at the tree." Skye pleaded.

"Fine. Your grounded for a day. But you must stay indoors all day tomorrow." Her dad said.

"Okay." Skye saddened and went upstairs.

There was a note on Skye's bed. It said...

Dear Skye,

I decided to quit working at the lodge. I'm sorry.

-Ben