Blinded

I keep walking down the fields until I find myself landing on the ground face-first. A hand keeps my head pinned down. "Amethyst, what are you doing?! You're on a way trip to getting shattered! And..."

She let's go of me and I get up. I look onto the fields and I reach out for it. Eyeball steps in front of me. "Amethyst, are you okay?" I stare at the fields, gaping in the direction in which the flawless Pearl has gone.

I start walking again. "What the-!" I find myself entranced in the Pearl imagining her as an old friend who I must have to fill me with such ecstasy. I know it's impossible...but I have to try. I keep walking until I see the Pearl wandering towards the forest.

I can hear Eyeball running after me. "Amethyst, no!" I stand on top of the hill, gazing at her precious features. Even her saltiness is attractive. I want her to fight me. So I will let her have an honerable battle between two legends from opposite sides.

I resume heading towards her. However, all that happens next is a blur. I find myself directly at her feet. I feel hurt on all sides and I get up to look into her golden eyes that takes my breath away. "Hello."
"Hi."

We find ourselves locked into each other's gazes. Her golden features in mine with my lavender visage in hers. I didn't notice the Rubies staring at us until one shouts out. "IT'S HER!" I let them pin me down to the ground, startling the Pearl.

"Yellow Pearl."
"No, please. Call me...Yellow."
"Yellow." My eyes shine in the sunlight. "I'm Amethyst." We are blinded by each other's beauty. We can't see the reality in which we are truly enemies.

Her eyes shine just the same and I want to touch her and feel her. I attempt to reach out to her...but I can't. The pain of the Rubies pinning me down is numbed by Yellow herself. At the next moment, red stands before me, glaring down.

"Amethyst." She folds her arms. She clears her throat. Yellow lightly pushes her to the side. She kneels down and our eyes meet a few feet within each other. She presses a hand to my cheek. Suddenly, a hand smacks Yellow's face. I glare at the Ruby who did it.

Eyeball stands next to her, fists shaking. "WAKE UP!" Her hand smacks my face and I grit my teeth at her. Yellow shakes her head and she facepalms, getting up. "I'm so sorry! I just...I CAN'T!" She quickly pulls her weapon from her chest and she points it down at me. "I HAVE TO DO THIS!"

With all the energy I can muster, I charge up my energy as she raises her weapon. I release the energy and with a single boom, the Rubies fly off of me. I roll away from Yellow as she strikes down her spear. I get up and I pull out my whip from my chest.

"You...have a weapon on your chest?"
"Yeah. Can you fight?"
"Can I fight?!" With a twirl of her spear, she launches a fireball at Eyeball. She falls down as it implodes in front of her.

Eyeball growls as she gets up. "Don't think I can't see what's going on here!" I blush. "Sorry." I smile a weak smile at her. "I'M your girlfriend! Not-!" Yellow looks back at me. "You already have a girlfriend?" The Rubies nearby yell out to her.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?!"
"YELLOW, YOU'RE DOING IT AGAIN!"
"SHE'S JUST A DEFECT!"
"FORGET ABOUT HER!"
"SHE ALREADY HAS A GIRLFRIEND!"
"THINK ABOUT YOUR DIAMOND!"

She gasps at that last comment. "My...my Diamond. Forgive me." Her eyes turn sharp and she smirks. "Oh. Just another Amethyst." Her eyes stop shining and her appearance changes from vibrant to dull within seconds.
"You are just an Amethyst." She chuckles at those words.

"YOU'RE JUST AN AMETHYST!" I wince at her cackling. "Of course! You mean absolutely nothing to me! What a joke! You're a joke! A big fat joke!" I grit my teeth at her as I lash out. The whip hits her directly in the face. She growls at me. "That'll be the last mistake you'll ever make."