Fulfillment

Steven's eyes stay wide open as his body shuts down from the inside. He exhales as Garnet screams from behind me. "WHAT DID YOU DO?!" I turn to confront her. "I killed her. What's the big deal, Garnet?!" I smirk as she clenches her teeth. "I'LL PULVERIZE YOU!"

I hear another engine. The train! I slide the sword back into its scabbard and jump off the van to dart for my escape. "OH NO! YOU'RE NOT GETTING AWAY THIS TIME!" I pant as I race her. The train roars as it speeds by. I only have seconds to jump onto it!

I jump with hesitation and I land in a box car. I turn to face Garnet as she also gets on. The train shakes and rumbles as she crashes onto it. "ALRIGHT, AMETHYST! THAT IS IT! THIS HAS GONE ON LONG ENOUGH! SHOW ME YOUR FACE AND LET'S JUST GET THIS OVER WITH! STOP FIGHTING ME!"

I pant in the box car as I grab the door handle. I slide it over until it's closed, leaving myself in darkness. I can still hear Garnet, but she's muffled. The train whistle erupts, drowning her out. I slump down towards the ground and I cover my face with my hands.

I just killed Steven for the second time. At least Rose is gone. She was seriously getting on my nerves. But now...Jasper. I tear up as I finally sob. Once again, another Gem has been shattered thanks to me. Pearl, Peridot, Jasper...will Lapis be next? And then Eyeball?! And then ME?!

It's only a matter of time. I need to find Lapis. Then I need to find Eyeball and after that, we'll need to hide. I can assume that Bismuth was bubbled again and sent right back into her previous state. A bubbled Gem. At least she can hate on Garnet now instead of Rose since she's gone.

I have fulfilled my promise to kill Rose and that is exactly what I did. At least this time, I was willing to do it. But that was only because Jasper was shattered. I detach my hands from my face as I press a hand against my forehead. I feel lightheaded. I slide the door open a bit for some air.

I sit back down and I look out outside to keep a lookout for the Kindergarten. Wait a second. Garnet has future vision. What if she knows about my agenda? What if...I feel sick. How could things have gotten so far? My stomache lurches as the train keeps rushing down the tracks.

Where did my life go so wrong? I get up and I step over to a hay bail. I lay myself down on one and I close my eyes. It's going to be a while, so I might as well sleep. The train engine dies down as I leave reality. I find myself at the barn. Huh? I wonder what I'm doing here.

Oh well. It's just a dream. I step into the barn and I see Eyeball making out with me up against the wall. Thunder rumbles outside as rain starts pouring down. I watch the session as a hand touches my shoulder. "Well done, Amethyst." I immediately turn my head to see Eloc.

His pupil stares down at me as I glare at him. "What do YOU want?" Eloc looks over at the scene taking place with a sigh. "Memories. They just come and go, don't they?" I raise my eyebrow. "What?" Eloc stays silent as he continues his viewing.

I look over to see the dream version of me and Eyeball snickering as they press their lips again. "Eventually, that's all they are. All good things must come to an end. What's interesting though is how they will end." I look down. "Eloc, why are you doing all of this?"

"Excuse me?"
"What's the point of all this chaos? Why are you making us suffer like this? Why, Eloc? Please tell me why." Eloc looks back down at me. "That's classified. That's for me to know and for you to figure out."

"But I need answers! I just don't understand!"
"In due time, Amethyst. You will know soon enough. However, if I were you, and you were me, I would just stop. The dominos will only keep knocking each down one after the other. It will never end until the last domino falls."
"What are you planning?!"

He turns away from everything. "Let's just say, it's for something big that will cause something massive to something unbreakable." He walks off. "Good day, Amethyst." That can't be it. I turn in his direction. "ELOC, WAIT!" I dash off towards him...only to fade in the light that conceals us.