Chapter 2 | Admiration

Later that day, dusk began to settle upon the realm of Asgard. The sun descended in the sky, permitting shadows to dance in the darkness. Skye found herself in Queen Frigga's chamber, awaiting her majesties return, noticing dinner had been held rather early this day.

Finishing her duties within Frigga's room, Skye moved toward the overly large bookshelf's located opposite her majesties desk within her studying expanse. Elegantly running her fingers along their spines, Skye felt a twinge of recognition as she halted her actions. Admiring the golden bindings upon each and every leathered book, Skye continued to trace her fingertips across the Asgardian carvings.

"Such beautiful things books." She couldn't help but murmur to herself, suddenly lost within inconsistent thoughts.

Such an expanse of knowledge dedicated to the universe. Every single book every created upon the face of Midgard was said to be a rearrangement of the same 26 letters. Amazing if you think about such unimaginable realities.

"I don't suppose I could agree more?" A deep yet calm voice chipped the room's silence, as Skye turned to locate whose pleasing voice had interrupted her train of thought.

Skye was met with a single pair of emerald eyes, whom of which belonged to non-other than Prince Loki himself. He stood there, poised and refined, his hands placed gently behind his back as he continued to enter the room.

Momentarily stunned, Skye snapped back to reality, lowering herself to curtsey in respect. Loki paused within the centre of the room just as as she began to raise her eyes, apologising as she went.

"I beg your pardon My Lord, I had no idea-" But her words were silenced with the singular motion of his growing smile.

"You needn't explain yourself to me" Loki confessed as Skye began to drink in his appearance.

He was not at all displeasing to the eye. Tall and well built, not at all like Thor, but he wasn't all skin a bone either. His angular features were so defined and well accompanied by glowing paleness of his skin. His soft raven hair was short, skimming the nape of his neck and was scattered to the left of his face. His attire clung well to his body, his breeches perfectly fitted, revealing his long yet graceful limbs. The centre of his undershirt, concealed with a dark stained leather vest. He was rather underdressed for palace dining, until Skye noticed the leather overcoat resting within the crook of his jostled elbow.

Loki could do nothing but withhold the smirk threatening to leach across his face as she observed him, head to toe. He couldn't complain, for he was doing the exact same thing. His eyes took great effort to be drawn away from her own cobalt irises as his gaze fell to the exposed flesh of her neck. His eyes travelled down her neck, following the slight curls of her magnificent hair as he glanced at the growing swell of her breasts. She was uncomfortable within his presence.

Loki admired how well her maidens dress suited her natural curves. His eyes observed the light blue material of her dress cascading to the floor, lightly accompanied by white fabric nestled around her waist, with a tight laced belt. His eyes suddenly darted to her own once they had both realised what they were doing.

Inspecting one another.

Lost for words, Skye let the young roayl make the first move.

"I intended to obtain a volume of writing from my mother's collection of books. I had no idea you'd be-"

"Oh, please do forgive me sire, for it is I who should be making a mends." Skye uttered in a shamble, but couldn't pull her eyes away from the smirk that began to creep across his features.