Chapter 12 | Unfamiliar Sensations

- Asgard [Past] -

*Ahhggg….” Thor cried into the silence, retracting his now burnt wrist toward his chest.

“Brother, please – I’m s-so terribly sorry.” Loki stammered, unable to comprehend what had just happened. The young prince didn’t know what he’d done but it must have been grave on account of Thor’s rash behaviour. Watching his older brother collapse upon his knees, Loki stepped forward, letting his steal weapon fall into the sand next him. “Let me help-”

“Stay away, Loki!” Sif shrieked, as everybody in the arena hurried to Thor’s aid. They had been fighting, battling to win the affections of a young maiden.

“I-I didn’t mean any harm-”

“I know my son, but I think it best if you gave your brother some space.” Frigga cooed, gently pulling Loki backward via the shoulders.

Loki couldn’t apprehend these events. One moment, all he remembered was the violent sound of clashing steal and then he touched him so he’d stop the unnecessary turmoil. Thor’s wrist had turned crisp blue in the process, creating utter agony for the blonde prince.

“Mother!” Thor bawled once more. “Please – it burns…”

Frigga calmly glanced around, not revealing the slightest sign of panic. “We need help.” She mumbled to herself, kneeling before her son’s frantic form. “Guards!”

Loki couldn’t show anything but devastation. He heart belted within his chest, his pulse seemed through the roof! How could he have done this to his brother? Lifting his gaze, Loki was greeted with the repulsed glare of Sif, and Skylar was-

Skylar?

She couldn’t remove her eyes from Loki’s hands. Abruptly dropping his gaze, he elevated his hands to observe whatever she was captivated by. Outstretching his fingers, Loki noticed nothing but the pale skin of his hands.

Glancing back at Skye, Loki shot her a curious glance. Stumbling forward, she roughly clasped the sleeves of his tunic, lifting his hand to level them with her eyes.

“But- I don’t understand.” She mumbled. “You’re hands, they were bl-”

“My Queen, we must get the prince to the palace!” An Asgardian soldier announced, pulling everyone from their conversation.

“Come, Loki.” Frigga cooed once more, hesitantly pulling him along with her.

-

“WHAT HAPPENED?” Odin roared, abruptly entering the infirmary, noticing that only Loki and his wife were present. His gaze harsh on Loki as his eyes dipped back to Thor lying unconscious on a bed.

“Lower your voice, there is no need to shout.” Frigga stepped forward. “This was simply an accident. Nothing more.”

“I wasn’t speaking to you.” Odin snapped, taking Thor’s arm into his palm to observe the damage. Loki stepped forward to lay claim to the indirect allegations but Odin wasn’t short to continue. “Stay back, boy!”

Loki felt the hurt within his chest explode. It was Thor he cared about, always Thor. Shifting backward in defeat, he swallowed the hurt built within his throat. “I-I didn’t mean to do it, It just happened.”

“These ‘things’ don’t just happen! Take him, get him out of here!” Odin bellowed.

“I hardly think that’s fair. He didn’t know what was happening.” Frigga voiced, knowing full well what had occured,