Chapter 1: Godric Gryffindor

Tori's P.O.V

"Victoria James.", I heard a man say with his loud voice. My heart raced when I walked to the chair. Mom had explained me, how the first day in Hogwarts worked. We would be sorted in houses. Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw or Slytherin. My whole family was in Gryffindor, it was kinda a family tradition. And I hoped I would end up in Gryffindor like my brother Philipp and my ancestors.
As I sat down, the man winked at me and gave me a warm smile. His name was Albus Dumbledore and he was my mother's cousin, my uncle. I gave him a weak smile because I was totally nervous.
He then put the Sorting Hat on my head and I closed my eyes. The Sorting Hat was pretty loud and I tried not to jump when he spoke.
"Hm...", the hat started.

Okay. I take everything back. I don't care in which house I would be sorted I just prayed that I wouldn't be sorted to Slytherin, where all dark magicians where.

"What are you thinking?", the Sorting Hat mumbled.

"I'm thinking in which house I'm going to be sorted."

"Slytherin would fit you."

My heart just dropped. My worst nightmare just became reality.

"Put me everywhere but not Slytherin. Please not Slytherin, Please not Slytherin...", I begged, whispering.

"Hm...if you are that sure...I have no other choice than putting you in...", he interrupted and I could hear my heart racing.

"No Slytherin, please not Slytherin!", I thought.

"Gryffindor!", he yelled and opened my eyes in relief.

I jumped off the chair and thanked the Sorting Hat. My eyes looked for my older brother, who was sitting with his friends at the Gryffindor table and waved at me, proudly. I ran towards him and seated myself next to him. Philipp then hugged me and kissed my forehead:"I'm so proud of you, little sister!"

"Thank you Phil!"

I had a big smile on my face, which I was sure, was reaching my ears.

"Hey!", I heard next to me.

As I turned around, I could see a dark skinned girl with lots of hair, which was braided. The girl had beautiful blue eyes and a perfect smile. She was sorted a few names before me.

"Hello.", I answered shyly.

"I'm Maliah Evans! Nice to meet you!", she offered me her hand to shake it.

"I'm Victoria James, nice to meet you too.", I smiled and shook it.