Chapter 3: Rowena Ravenclaw

Tori's P.O.V

Newt suddenly raised and took his books. He turned around and was about to leave when I suddenly grabbed his hand.

"Have I done something wrong?"

"You were making fun of me."

"No! No, I wasn't! I swear! You are so talented Newt! Believe me!"

"Promise?"

"Promise. I also promise, that I will help you with the book."

Newt gave me a shy smile and looked at our hands. Heat rushed to my cheeks immediately and I removed my hand as fast as possible.

"Sorry Newt."

"It's okay.", he smiled.

Before Newt and I could continue studying, we got interrupted by a female voice.
"Newton! I've been looking for you!"

"I'm in the library."

"I can see that. James."

"Lestrange.", I answered.

Leta and I looked at each other furiously, leaving a nervous Newt between us. Leta Lestrange was Newt's closest friend and a Slytherin. There couldn't be any bigger rivalry than between Gryffindor and Slytherin. Especially in Quidditch. And since both of us were Quidditch captains, our conversations were always tensed when it came to the most popular game in the Wizarding World.
Suddenly Leta and I burst out in laughs when we saw Newt's nervous face.

"It's nice to see you here, Tori. How's Quidditch Training been?"

"It's been okay. I hope you are ready to loose, Leta.", I lied.

Quidditch was horrible today but I could not tell her anything about our team's condition.
Leta was the twin sister of Maliah. So her name was actually Leta Evans, but her parents got separated, when she and Maliah were young. Maliah was sorted into Gryffindor and Leta into Slytherin. We were all good friends, although we were separated into different houses. But I knew it was hard for Leta.
Since her parents were muggles, she was always bullied and called mudblood. Only "purebloods" were normally sorted into Slytherin. It was a big shock when the Sorting Hat announced that she was going to Slytherin. Leta was different from everyone and didn't get along with the other Slytherins. Everyone could see why. That's why she befriended Newt, Maliah and me.
Or better said only Newt and me. Maliah and Leta hated each other.

"What were you talking about?"

"I think Newt should write a book."

"Newt?"

"It's a nickname. For me, Newton.", he smiled.

Leta smiled back at him and gave her attention back to me:"About?"

"Beasts, creatures, etc. He is so talented in Care of magical Creatures and knows a lot of things about them, that others don't."

"That's a good idea."

"See? I was not mocking you."

"How about going to Hogsmeade?", Leta suggested.

I guessed that she didn't know that Maliah was there otherwise she wouldn't have asked me. We loved Hogsmeade it was a nice change from Hogwarts. Hogsmeade was a small village, where wizards and witches lived. There were a lot of shops, restaurants and hotels. Some parents travelled to Hogsmeade to see their children and stood in the hotels. Maliah used Hogsmeade for shopping. Gosh, that girl was addicted to shopping. I didn't know where she got all that money from to buy all those dresses. Every day you would see her with a different one and she never rewore the same dress. I still wonder where all those worn dresses disappeared because we didn't have that much of space in our dorm.

"No thank you. I think I will stay here and read some books. And it's quite late, by the way. I don't think that we will be allowed to go out."

"Right. But we could use that secret passage, you've found."

"We could, Leta. But we won't. Just because my uncle is a teacher here and my parents work in the ministry, it doesn't mean that I can do whatever I want. I have to follow some rules though."

"Yeah...right. I think you are just afraid."

I let out a sigh. Leta always knew how to convince me. If didn't go, that meant that my reputation as a Gryffindor would be destroyed.

"You got me. Now let's go. Are you coming along?", I asked Newt and immediately felt how blood rushed up my cheeks. It was really hot inside here, wasn't it?

"I'm not sure."

"Oh come on Newt! I promise it's going to be funny!"

"Okay."

"Yes!", Leta and I said at the same time.

So we went to the statue of Gunhilda of Gorsemoore and were about to disappear in her statue when I suddenly heard someone calling me.
As I turned around, I saw uncle Albus:"Uncle Albus. It's a nice surprise to see you here. I thought you were in your dormitory."

"That's what I thought of you three too. What are you doing here?"

"Uhm...we were about to go to our dorms but we...we wanted to visit Gunhilda's statue once. She was a really talented healer and no one in this castle ever appreciates her, so we wanted to do that.", I lied.

"Oh really?"

"Yes, of course! By the way did Professor Larson tell you something about our potions exam?"

"No, but I'm sure you passed, Victoria."

"Thank you uncle Albus. Has mom written you?"

"I don't think so, I-"

"I'm sure she has. If I was you, I would check."

"Oh you are right. Well then, good night."

"Good night uncle Albus."

We waited until uncle Albus was gone so we could get into Gunhilda's statue. When he finally left, we disappeared into the statue.

"How often have you two done that?" Newt asked, looking around the corridor.

"A few times already."

"And how did you find out about this?"

"Let's say I'm a very curious young girl who likes to explore new places.", I answered.

We soon reached the end of the endless tunnel. The portraits were already sleeping so we had no problem of sneaking out here. But Honeydukes was opened fortunately. We climbed up the ladder and I opened the trapdoor from underneath. I only opened it a little bit to see if anyone was here. Fortunately, no one was.
I gave Newt and Leta a sign to get out and we ran upstairs to the shop.

"Okay. What next?", Leta asked.

"The Three Broomsticks?", I suggested.

"Brilliant idea.", Newt smiled.

Before going to the Three Broomsticks, we purchased a few sweets and biscuits - and chocolate. I was obsessed with chocolate.

"Wait.", Leta stopped on the way,"I want to go into the forest."

"Are you mad? They will get us expelled from school if we go there.", I warned.

But Leta didn't listen to me, she walked straight to the forest as if she was in a trance.